1.    #1  
    How do I turn the 700wx on and off? Is there a reset button for when the thing goes into a uncontrollable software loop...or do I just have to take out the battery everytime it happens so it reboots?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    There's a reset button just to the stylus side of the battery (you'll need the stylus to push it). The only "off" I know of is to turn the radio off. This is done by holding the red phone key down for a few seconds.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    The only real way to turn it off is to:

1) Put it in your right hand or left for those of you unfortunate South Paws (just kidding - some of my best friends are unfortunate like you - just kidding please, please, please don't get mad. Where would the Arts be without you - we'd be looking at crayon drawings of houses and stuff - actually, I'm left-handed ... now)

2) Hold on tight to that 1 lb brick so it doesn't accidently get dropped.

3) Gently pull you arm up and back behind your head, like your stretching after a good imaginary conversation on your Treo. Don't hurt yourself by hyperextending with that brick in your hand. Still have ahold of it? Good.

4) Release your arm forward with the force needed to turn the thing off permanately. Aim for the nearest environmently safe disposal.

5) Then go to your friendly but somewhat misguided phone provider and purchase something else, maybe an iphone. (I know I would if it we're available in my state).

I hate my Treo 700 wx. Maybe I'm being too brash - I don't HATE my Treo. I love my Treo - I just don't like what it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by plainsjane View Post
    I hate my Treo 700 wx. Maybe I'm being too brash - I don't HATE my Treo. I love my Treo - I just don't like what it does.

Huh?
    There really isn't a power off per se. You can turn the phone radio off but not really the entire phone. A good profile tool like SBSH Phone weaver comes in real handy. You can set up profiles like Mute all, or Night etc. which can be configured to mute the phone so you don't hear reminders or system sounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by epsteino View Post
    How do I turn the 700wx on and off? Is there a reset button for when the thing goes into a uncontrollable software loop...or do I just have to take out the battery everytime it happens so it reboots?
    Seriously, I'm not a real fan of telling people to read the manual, but when you post asking how to turn the thing on or off, and how to reset it, you REALLY need to at least browse through the manual.
    Treo 650 Cingular -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Treo 700p Sprint -> PPC 6700 Sprint -> Treo 700wx Sprint