Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I am having a little bit of an issue here now with ActiveSync. I am using an exchange server(4smartphone.net) and have been using the push email setting aka "As Items Arive" option in ActiveSync. This worked fine for the last year. The last few weeks I noticed my battery always seemed to die on me. I looked into it and found that ActiveSync was syncing every few minutes regardless of any new items arriving. Also regardless of what the "Schedule" settings are. I have it set to "Manually" and it still syncs on it's own every few minutes. If I set it to 2 hours I get the same result.

I have removed the exchange server and re-added it. Same result. Anyone fight this issue before and find out the cause of it? I know a hard-reset will probably fix it but I am more interested in finding out why this is happening.

Is a registry setting not getting set? Where is the value of sync intervals in the registry? Somewhere in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\ActiveSync\?
    Not sure why that would do that, mine has worked fine, have you tried to reformat your TREO?
    Had the same problem. I had to hard reset and reload all prior settings manually (did not want to use backup for fear that backup would recreate the problem). Set schedule to sync every 5 minutes. After about a week, I changed the settings to sync as items arrived, and it worked fine. Sync as items arrived did not work right after the hard reset... Don't know why...
    Did you ever get this issue fixed? I have been having the same problem.
    I finally resolved this issue. It turns out that when I set my IMAP account to check every 30 minutes, it was triggering my activesync constantly. Its too bad it took a hard reset to figure it out.