1.    #1  
    Hey I was wondering. I'm with alltel. My contract isnt up till christmas and I kinda need to get a smartphone before then. I see more sprint 700wx phones for sale on ebay then alltel. What if i buy the sprint 700wx cdma phone i am pretty sure it will work with alltel because they are both CDMA but what is the difference in software?

Like when i bought my V3m the alltel had everything unlocked but sprint or whoever locked most of the stuff.

And on that note. What is the success rate on reformatting the sprint 700wx into the alltel firmware?

What are your thoughts on that?

Thanks Again Guys
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Sorry to tell you but a Sprint Phone will not work on the Alltel Network. The phone is locked. They don't make an unlocked CDMA phone yet. Likely they never will. Only GSM phone can come unlocked.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  3.    #3  
    crap i was afraid of that. Cant find many good phones most are scratched, droped and thrown around. Ugg..
    If you like the Treo 700wx, is better if you open a new Sprint Plan. Go see the SERO plans that people are talking about.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelyfriendz View Post
    If you like the Treo 700wx, is better if you open a new Sprint Plan. Go see the SERO plans that people are talking about.
    Yea but we have a great plan with alltel, specially the my circle. Everyone i know and talk to has sprint so i really dont use any minutes. Maybe once in a while.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by praetorian View Post
    Yea but we have a great plan with alltel, specially the my circle. Everyone i know and talk to has sprint so i really dont use any minutes. Maybe once in a while.
    Yeah but with the Sero plan you actually get more minutes for much much less.
  7.    #7  
    i'll have to look into it i havent had a chance yet
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    They don't make an unlocked CDMA phone yet. Likely they never will. Only GSM phone can come unlocked.
    Technically that comment is incorrect. A friend of mine got my old Sprint T650 unlocked and is currently using it on the cricket network.
  9.    #9  
    well i thought you could but I wasnt sure. Because like i said you find more for sprint then alltel. Most of the ones on ebay for alltel are scrached badly, dropped, too expensive, but hopefully i will find one soon that will work. I'll stick to looking for alltel version until its proven that I could successfully buy a sprint one and call them up to activate it on alltel

BTW I really really apreciate your guyses feedback
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Even if you could possibly unlock it you would have to make sure that Alltel would take an unlocked phone. I know that Sprint and Verizon won't. As for Cricket network? Never really heard of them so they must be a small network.
  11.    #11  
    Well no more worries. I just ordered the 700wx yesterday so it should be here next week.

Thanks again for your guyses input I didnt want to take the chance and it not work