1.    #1  
    Sorry if this is a repost but I found this on another forum.

http://lifehacker.com/software/top/t...one-269055.php
    Does not work with 240 X 240 devices - hence no good for Treos.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    One quick and dirty fix is to disable 3G in the network selection
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkrieser View Post
    One quick and dirty fix is to disable 3G in the network selection
    A more appropriate quick fix (since at least the iPhone has WiFi!) is to limit yourself to the on-screen keyboard... Until I actually played with an iPhone yesterday, I had though several other factors would prevent my switch. But not anymore.

That on-screen keyboard is a complete and utter joke!
    I love the iPhone, but keeping my Treo for now. The iPhone is a bit to limited right now in what it can do. If it had UTMS/3G and could teather, I may have purchased...

The interface is far superior then anything else I have seen EVER. Blows Windows Mobile out of the water. With a few tweaks it would be great.

Can anyone say Mortscript for iPhone???
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I bought an iPhone and returned it after a few days. It is a great fun phone and the keyboard does take getting used to but you can very very easily mistype things, there is also not substitute for a touch keyboard, it's too easy on on-screen keyboard to accidentally touch a part of the screen.

Also boys and girls you cannot switch from a Treo 750 to the iPhone it's not logistically possible. The iPhone does not have the capabilities that the Treo 750 or any Windows Mobile device has for business users or true PDA functionality. I don't want to sound like I'm bashing the iPhone because it is absolutely the coolest phone I have ever seen, but it is very limited in what it does.
    Is the iPhone compatable with Microsoft Exchange.
    Why would anybody want to do that IMO?...its like having a Ferari kit car made from a Fiero, just go get a real Ferari(i.e. if you can afford one ).i think the iphone is cool but I am not so board that I would attempt to imulate it on my current device.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovation2 View Post
    Not yet. Rumor has it that it's in the works!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Why would anybody want to do that IMO?...its like having a Ferari kit car made from a Fiero, just go get a real Ferari(i.e. if you can afford one ).i think the iphone is cool but I am not so board that I would attempt to imulate it on my current device.
    True, I assure you the iPhone is an incredible device, there is also no other phone in the world that has graphics and smoothness that even come close. The only reason I can think someone doing that is the same reason people put skins on their programs (like Winamp), itís just a cool wow factor. I also saw the video that linked to it and the actual applications are still the Treo apps underneath. If anyone has had a chance I would encourage you to go play with the iPhone, I fell in love with it, except that it cannot possibly replace what I do with my Treo 750, so I returned it after a few days. There are no shortcut keys, no FIND feature, or multitasking just to name 3 things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovation2 View Post
    If the Exchange Server supports IMAP access than it will work. So, kinda I guess is the answer there
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Not to mention the iphone cant tether to a laptop(among other things it CANT do)
    I played with the IPhone and really think its one of the coolest devices i ever played with but can not justify buying it over my treo 750. No slingbox No tom tom No sirius radio No splash money No splash ID and all the other WM programs i have that blow away the IPhone. Does not mean i would not buy version 2 when it has alot more extras

Fred