Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    ok, trying to d/l videos and saving them to my storage card...however, they won't play in win media. why is this? do i have to convert something? it's being d/led as .mpg

pls assist.
  2. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Sync it through windows media player from your desktop cpu to your treo700wx. You will need to have your treo connected through activesync as well,then WMP will auto convert it before copying to your device.

PS:Also, you might want to try a search before starting a new thread.
  3. 2sa
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    well...not sure about WMP....but I use TCPMP and it works great. Couple of steps...

1. Do a search on this forum for TCPMP and you should find the cab file. (I use: tcpmp.pocketpc.0.81RC1.cab)
    2. Get installed correctly on your device then.....you will need to convert your videos....I initially used this thread below to help tell me what I need to do this and how to do it.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=91697

FWIW....This seems like alot of work but most of this is just a one time set up. After you get it up and running, it is pretty simple. It does take about 1-2 hours to convert a DVD but it is well worth it.
    Device: 700wx,4G SD Card
    Service: VZW

When I get my PPC just the way I want it.....what happens next?
    I use Coreplayer on my Treo. No conversion necessary.

Video: CoreAVC (H.264), MKV, MPEG-1, MPEG-4 part 2 (ASP), DivX, XviD, WMV, MJPEG
    Codecs: AAC/MP3/WMA/WMV9/DIVX/XVID/MP4/MKV/MIDI
    Coreplayer is great.

Eddie- have you upgraded to CP 1.1 and noticed that the control buttons and timer fell off the bottom of the screen?
  6. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Reason Why I suggest using the WMP method is it actually converts = shrinks the file so it doesnt take up that much storage space. You can then still play it through TCPMP though. Either way will work. Its just a personal preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob View Post
    Coreplayer is great.

Eddie- have you upgraded to CP 1.1 and noticed that the control buttons and timer fell off the bottom of the screen?
    I haven't upgraded yet. PM me if you figure out what happened or if they fix it.