1.    #1  
    I have seen the dozens of BT headset threads on TC and many are very helpful. But I have just a few requirements for my next headset and I am hoping that some of you can recommend from first hand experience (using it with your WM Treo). My Motorols H700 turned out to be a huge disappointment in many ways.

My biggest requirement is a MUTE function that can be enabled/disabled from a button push on the headset itself. I am on hours of conference calls a day and sometimes I don't speak for 5 to 10 minutes. Now, my H700 had this function, but with one HUGE problem. To let you know that "mute" was on, it gave out an audible beep every 2 seconds that would cut out the ability to follow what was being said. I don't know what knucklehead at Motorola tested that feature and thought it was a good idea. Note: some people confuse MUTE with HOLD. By mute I mean that I can still hear the phone call but they cannot hear me (I think the HOLD feature being assigned to the left soft key is the biggest GUI flaw I have seen on the 750's...but I digress).

Besides that I only require decent sound quality, preferably a USB-type charger interface (I don't need another proprietary charger jack), and an on/off switch.

Does anyone have sevral months of heavy use with such a headset that they would recommend? Thanks
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    OH MY GOD... Not again.... Tell me you didnt even search.

OK.... You're a long time poster so I will say this again. JAWBONE!!!! Sorry, no mute... but come on, its one button on the phone.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks...for nothing. Why in the world would you take the time to post as if the answer was so obvious and then recommend a headset that doesn't meet my #1 requirement - MUTE? It would have been better not to post at all.

Sure there are lots of threads about BT headsets. But I want one that works specifically with the 750. As I guess you are aware, different phones can be very diverse in their BT stacks, firmware and many other factors that effect their ability to successfully or unsuccessfuly support a certain headset.

Regardless, if you think the question is redundant then move on to the next post. But don't waste our time.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Point taken... JAWBONE works perfectly with the Treo 750. Have never tested a better headset.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I agree regarding the Jawbone. Amazing device.
    I have a question regarding the jawbone. I had done some research and was ready to get it but all the cingular stores in my area are out of them. I decided to call the local store again yesterday to see if they got a shipment in. In talking with the rep, he told me that they were out of stock and it would be about 3 weeks until they got another shipment in. He said they were having problems with them and customers were returning them left and right. He said the problem was after a month or so, the noise cancelation function started to crap out. Given this was a rep (and he acutally used the phrase "whack" when describing the supposed issue with the jawbone), have any jawbone owners experienced this? He tried to push a samsung whisper (or something like that) but I wasn't really interested because I have not researched that device. If you have had problems with the jawbone, please share. Thanks!
    Try the motorola S9 bluetooth stereo headset(reviewed on this site today). Only draw back is that the phone calls are only heard in the left ear. But you do have a mute button!
    Got mine on ebay...Enjoy!
    Last edited by JackisBack; 07/02/2007 at 06:08 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    I agree regarding the Jawbone. Amazing device.
    Does it have a Mute button on the headset?
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    No mute - sorry. And it also has a proprietary charger jack. But the performance as a headset is amazing.
    Mute by tapping the play/pause button on the right ear piece!