1.    #1  
    OctroTalk Ver 1.19 released. It is still free:
    1. Chat View preferences to adjust the font size and colors of the text messages.
    2. Support to add colorful emoticons in your message.
    3. Option to set your default status when you login.
    4. For Smartphone only: On installation, OctroTalk Home screen plug-in is no longer installed automatically. It can be installed through Preferences menu.
    5. For PPC only: In the buddylist view some Menu options can be accessed by tap and hold.
    6. Some minor bug fixes.
    what about pop up alerts?
  3.    #3  
    What exactly do you mean by pop up alerts?
    OctroTalk does alert you when a message is received and the chat session is not active. On Today screen also you get information about new messages.
    If you enable show tabs for all the chat sessions, then if a message is received, the tabs automatically reposition and change color to inform that a new message is received.
    How about a better Today screen icon. The green "online" icon has a lot of white around it. Looks really bad on a dark back ground. It's not a crisp icon. I like the little talk bubble icon though.
  5.    #5  
    The current trial version v1.19 of OctroTalk will not expire, even if is past the expiration date, till the pricing of the product is decided. Pricing will be decided only after the Symbian and J2ME vesions are released and tested.
    There hasn't been an update in quite some time. I understand you guys are busy developing for other platforms but it seems a little worrysome since this is the best IM application out for PPC.

I don't want to nudge, but any insight into the next release would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  7. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    How do you change the sound for incoming messages?
    been a while since I checked out Octro - does it still (or did it ever) require .net CF? That's a deal breaker for me....

Let me know about .net if someone could - thanks.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    been a while since I checked out Octro - does it still (or did it ever) require .net CF? That's a deal breaker for me....

Let me know about .net if someone could - thanks.
    OctroTalk never required .net CF, and does not require .net CF.
    I'm using a 750 on T-Mo with the 5.99 T-Zones and proxy. Whenever I try to log on, it never connects. Is this due to the proxy? I know with my old phone (MDA), when using AIM 2.0, I could change the port setting to work with the proxy. Is there anywhere I can do that with Octro?
  11. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    How do you change the sound for incoming messages?
    bump
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    You can change the sound for incoming messages by going to system "Sounds & Notification" preferences. Start->Settings->System->Sounds & Notifications. Choose Octro from the drop down list, and select the notification preferences you would like.

ChkYaHead: OctroTalk doesn't work through the T-Mobile proxy. It requires a direct connection to the internet.

Please send us an email at support@octro.com if you require any clarifications.

Octro Support Team
    I'm having a problem staying connected to the service. If I receive a call, I'm kicked off. Is this normal?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dchec View Post
    I'm having a problem staying connected to the service. If I receive a call, I'm kicked off. Is this normal?
    Yes, if the call extends. When the call ends, you will automatically login.
    Is anyone else having trouble connecting today?

The application says that I am online and available but no contacts are showing up. On the other hand my fallback IM app seems to be working...