Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Installing HTC Streaming media on Treo 700w . Use to stream 3gp video encoded videos from m.youtube.com

1. install the files http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=288857 ( please follow the steps)
    2. then install the cab http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1186575

If the files won't install initially do a hard reset after you back up your device.

If activesync giving you error copying the streamingvideo.lnk and streamingvideo.htm from computer to phone, try copying the zip files to the phone/SD card and unzip it from there using TOTAL COMMANDER (free)or any zip utilty.

video: streaming m.youtube.com

EDIT: Here's Malatesta's instruction. Basically its the same way , just all the files needed are in one zip file.
    http://ppcgeeks.com/youtube-mobile-a...t,youtube.html
    Last edited by duken2389; 07/04/2007 at 12:13 AM.
    A couple of questions from the video;

1) Why did IE need to be activated from the task manager screen?
    2) What media player was being shown in the video?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    A couple of questions from the video;

1) Why did IE need to be activated from the task manager screen?
    2) What media player was being shown in the video?
    1) Just to show no other programs are running.
    2.)HTC streaming media (for WM5 ppc) WM6 phones like (sprint mogul ) has a RTSP capable WMP.
    Last edited by duken2389; 06/28/2007 at 04:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    works great, only problem is, the audio quality; however that may be the videos
    Woo.

Took me awhile. I had a previous version isntalled that never worked, so it took awhile to get these steps right, to correct my initial wrong.

But it works, Audio is actually quite fine--no stuttering.

Nice post, nice summary!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Edit:

Here are all the necessary files in one zip: LINK

7.    #7  
    here's another site www.zoovision.com to test ur player.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    works like a charm

thanks for posting the all in one zip Mal
    does this work on an 700 wx?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by chilimac15 View Post
    does this work on an 700 wx?
    I installed it on my Treo 700wx and my wife 's PPC 6700. I think it should work on any WM5 pocket pc (htc,treo 700w/wx etc) NOT on WM5 for Smarthones like BlackJack or moto q. The cab was extracted from a HTC hermes /Dopod 838 PRO which is a WM5 PPC.
    Quote Originally Posted by duken2389 View Post
    I installed it on my Treo 700wx and my wife 's PPC 6700. I think it should work on any WM5 pocket pc (htc,treo 700w/wx etc) NOT on WM5 for Smarthones like BlackJack or moto q. The cab was extracted from a HTC hermes /Dopod 838 PRO which is a WM5 PPC.
    Actually it works perfectly on the Moto Q and looks even better (landscape + more pixels)

12.    #12  
    I just noticed that with this player you can skip to any part of the video ala google video, which is nice.
    Works excellent on the WX
  14. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Edit:

Here are all the necessary files in one zip: LINK
    Is this a CAB or a zip that contains all the necessary files that need to be copyed to different folders?
    Okay, I'm happy. Works great with my 700WX and VZW.

Although the install worked perfectly the first try, after downloading the Link in Malatesta's post above, I admit I was a little confused at first. So I'll relate my actions in case it helps others.

Here's what I did...

1) Downloaded the files in Malatesta's LINK post above. HERE (Choose FREE Download)
    2) Unzipped them onto my PC's hard drive.
    3) Hooked up my Treo 700wx via cable and started Active Sync.
    4) Using Active Sync "Tools|Explore Pocket PC" and my PC Explorer I copied ALL the individual files inside of Step#1.zip to my 700wx\Windows directory, and then the "Streaming Video" Shortcut into the 700wx\Windows\Start Menu\Programs directory.
    5) Again utilizing Active Sync I copied BOTH the Step#2.......CAB and the Step#3........CAB into my 700wx\My Documents\Personal folder. Then I disconnected my 700wx from the PC.
    6) I navigated to the two CAB files using my 700wx File Explorer and ran the Step#2CAB and afterward the Step#3CAB.
    7) Deleted to two CAB files from my 700wx to conserve space.
    8) Soft Reset the 700wx.
    9) I tested at m.youtube.com - Worked perfect, right off-the-bat.

Thanks all who participated in this effort. I'm a happy camper!

Also, the www.zoovision.com site works well too.

-Frank
    Last edited by Frankxs; 06/30/2007 at 10:33 AM.
    ...keep getting access denied when trying to copy the 2 streamingvideo files (the link and the .htm)????????????
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    ...keep getting access denied when trying to copy the 2 streamingvideo files (the link and the .htm)????????????
    Happened to me too, luckilly I have a card reader in my laptop. You can download or transfer the zip file to your treo and unzip it with Total Commander which is now free.
    Last edited by duken2389; 06/30/2007 at 01:31 PM.
  18. PPI
    Thanks for the instructions. It works great after I changed to prefrences to not go into landscape mode in full screen. Lovin it.
    1. Will this work on a 750?

2. Can I do everything OTA (over the air) or do I have to do some of it by PC sync? I would prefer OTA, since I haven't yet connected with a PC (still a virgin )

TIA
    I got m.youtube.com working on my Mogul using Mal's instructions linked below. Plays fine on EVDO with no stutter. Looks good in landscape view.

http://ppcgeeks.com/youtube-mobile-a...t,youtube.html
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast