Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    1)I unziped step 1 on desktop
    2)Put step 1 folder on SD card.Copy pasted to Windows directory / treo
    4)opened cab 2 in my documents / treo
    5)opened cab 3 in my documents / treo
    Success was had.
    Last edited by slingbox; 06/30/2007 at 05:06 PM.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    1. Will this work on a 750?

2. Can I do everything OTA (over the air) or do I have to do some of it by PC sync? I would prefer OTA, since I haven't yet connected with a PC (still a virgin )

TIA
    1. Yes
    2.Yes...Just download all the files above to your phone and unzip with Total Commander.The 2 CABS and all the necessary files are all packaged nicely in one zip.
    Stroths, ty for the posting from ppcgeeks. However
    I am getting an error " unespecified error", everytime I try to watch on the windows media player in my Mogul. Do you know why?
    I am not sure why you are getting that. I followed Mal's directions exactly and it worked for me. You may want to post in his thread and see if he can help.

EDIT: Hard reset and did a reinstall and only needed to do step 3 for a successful install on the Mogul. For all 6800 users, you don't have to worry about steps 1 and 2.
    Last edited by stroths; 07/01/2007 at 06:49 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Anyone try installing steps2&3 to storage card?
    Quote Originally Posted by duken2389 View Post
    1. Yes
    2.Yes...Just download all the files above to your phone and unzip with Total Commander.The 2 CABS and all the necessary files are all packaged nicely in one zip.
    Great news duken2389! Thanks!!

Two more questions:

1. Can I download the zip to my card and work from there (just want to make sure because you said download to "your phone" above).
    2. I use Resco Explorer 2007 to unzip files. Is that OK or is there something unique about Total Commander that I need for this unzip that Resco doesn't have?

Thanks again!!
  7.    #27  
    Great news duken2389! Thanks!!

Two more questions:

1. Can I download the zip to my card and work from there (just want to make sure because you said download to "your phone" above).
    2. I use Resco Explorer 2007 to unzip files. Is that OK or is there something unique about Total Commander that I need for this unzip that Resco doesn't have?

Thanks again!!
    1.Yes
    2.If it can unzip it then yes.if not use the total commander to unzip it.
    I downloaded the zip files, did the 1, 2, 3 steps (with soft resets as prompted after steps 2 and 3). I opened up PIE, went to m.youtube.com, and clicked on a video. It launched the Streaming Media app, connected, and then got to 99% buffering, and then dropped me back to the m.youtube.com page in PIE.

I thought it might have been the UTMS signal strength, so I went to an area with a very strong signal and the same thing happened on three different videos. One time it actually got past the buffering and displayed the video stream url, and then it dumped me back to PIE again!

Help!?!
  9. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Can you copy a url directly from the non-mobile youtube site & paste it in this app? Reason I ask is the content is very limited on the mobile version.
  10.    #30  
    I downloaded the zip files, did the 1, 2, 3 steps (with soft resets as prompted after steps 2 and 3). I opened up PIE, went to m.youtube.com, and clicked on a video. It launched the Streaming Media app, connected, and then got to 99% buffering, and then dropped me back to the m.youtube.com page in PIE.

I thought it might have been the UTMS signal strength, so I went to an area with a very strong signal and the same thing happened on three different videos. One time it actually got past the buffering and displayed the video stream url, and then it dumped me back to PIE again!

Help!?!
    try re-installing it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by duken2389 View Post
    try re-installing it again.
    Can I just re-install over what's there, or do I need to clear out what's there? If I need to clear it out, where is it (i.e., do I need to clear anything out of the registry?)?

Thanks again for your help! I really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Can you copy a url directly from the non-mobile youtube site & paste it in this app? Reason I ask is the content is very limited on the mobile version.
    I doubt it, though you can try.

m.youtube uses a different codec than regular youtube.com.

eTreo
    Just reinstall everything and make sure your PIE cache is cleaned out.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Anyone having issues today getting the videos to play? When the video player launches on my wx, and tries to connect to the video, I keep getting:

'Failed to find network'

and I have a solid (and connected) data connection. It's like the player can't 'find' the videos.

The error I see is when the Streaming Media app is trying to connect - 'connecting' - and it happens with every video I try. All the same. No difference.

Anyone else? My 755p works fine, with Kinoma.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    Anyone having issues today getting the videos to play? When the video player launches on my wx, and tries to connect to the video, I keep getting:

'Failed to find network'

and I have a solid (and connected) data connection. It's like the player can't 'find' the videos.

The error I see is when the Streaming Media app is trying to connect - 'connecting' - and it happens with every video I try. All the same. No difference.

Anyone else? My 755p works fine, with Kinoma.
    Mine is working fine. Treo 700wx with 2 cabs installed. Do a soft reset and see what happen.
    Back on now - not sure what went down. Didn't have to reset or anything.
    Just because I will admit I tend to fudge things up sometimes, is this process completely reversible without hard resetting? More or less, can I do the uninstall in the settings menu and uninstall everything without it leaving things behind in my system? Thanks.
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
  17. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I would advise you do a backup first only because, you can uninstall the 2 CAB's but the 6 other files you have to copy into the windows folder would need to be deleted also. However, you can just go into the windows folder & delete the 6 files one by one.
    I installed it, but you are able to uninstall it. I installed it in the storage card and when I went to m.youtube.com I no longer received a error when trying to watch videos, but nothing happened when click "watch now." Must the cabs and stuff be installed in the main memory?
    I now installed it the main memory the Video Player Launches black colored then just read "connecting" before self exiting. Oh well i give up
    Lord, you folks are off the chain..cough..cough. 700Wx here, and it works like a charm with YouTube.

One thing though, i tried the Apple keynote and video did not play, but audio played fine. My guess is that its because Apple uses the H.264 video codec?
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast