Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    On my AT&T 750, when I push the red power button to wake the device from its suspended state, I've noticed that the screen flickers kind of how a computer monitor does when you hit degauss. It only lasts a split second and then stabilizes, and seems to be centered on the default location for email and text message notifications. Is this normal? My 700wx from Sprint doesn't do it.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Interesting- with the brightness turned down to half or lower, it doesn't do it.

Anyone?
    I have never seen anything like that on a LCD. How long has you had it?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    About a week. It appears to be directly related to the backlight, not the actual display. Very strange.
    I don't see that on my 750.

I believe the backlight for most LCDs is fluorescent. Maybe you're catching a split second of "warm up", like when you turn on a fluorescent room light?
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Degaussing applies only to CRT displays. The display acquires a magnetism from the earth's magnetic field. Degaussing demagnetizes the screen so that the earth's field does not deflect the electron beam from its intended path. LCD does not use an electron beam.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Did you find the solution to this problem?
    I have been having the same. Amazingly, it was alright the past one year and just started behaving this way the last few days.
    Treo 600 Rocks!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Anyone?
    Treo 600 Rocks!
    I've got the same Problem. It's been filmed and posted on Youtube - you may wanna check this ->

I guess one can be glad if it happens within the 12 month warranty period :-/

Cheers
    Markus