1.    #1  
    Well I finally nailed down the primary culprit for what causes the storage card drivers to get corrupted and for the card to disappear. For me at least it only after I receive AS push email.

It doesn't happen every time I get email but when it does happen, it's after the email is received.

Anyone else have the same issue? Or has anyone else noticed a trend?
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    It happens really randomly. Sometimes even a couple of minutes after a soft-reset - i.e. w/o a new pushed email. Sometimes the card would not disappear for a few days!

I still cannot find a pattern. (BTW, mine is a Kingston so it's not a no-name brand.)
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Email has nothing to do with it. Storing your attachments on the card does. That's the problem, and a little searching would have solved ur issue a little sooner too!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    Email has nothing to do with it. Storing your attachments on the card does. That's the problem, and a little searching would have solved ur issue a little sooner too!
    Um...sorry guy but your information is incorrect. I don't store attachments on my storage card.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    I store attachment in sd card and I don't have this problem .

I think the cause is random. of course the direct reason is palm's so called "tweaks".
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    I store attachment in sd card and I don't have this problem .

I think the cause is random. of course the direct reason is palm's so called "tweaks".
    Palm has zero tweaks that use the storage card in any way. All of those are MS-related (which does make it worse lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Um...sorry guy but your information is incorrect. I don't store attachments on my storage card.
    sorry guy? If you don't want help don't start a thread. Especially one saying that exchange-push causes storage card issues. Because THAT, guy, is totally incorrect. It's something more specific, look further into it.

The reason for "missing storage cards" is the device is trying to read the card when the phone is in deep sleep state. When alseep the card disconnects from the device, and cannot read what is not there. If email sync is causing it, then something in the process is looking for your card. Are you storing the actual emails on the card? Is your new email notification/ringtone on the storage card? Attachments, etc.
    i had this same issue and it was because of the type of minisd card i was using. i had a kingston 2gb card and it would sometimes read it, and sometimes not. i then switched to a transcend 2gb card and havent had any problems.

what kind of card are you using? you may want to do a search for it as there were a few others who had issues with particular manuf cards.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    sorry guy? If you don't want help don't start a thread. Especially one saying that exchange-push causes storage card issues. Because THAT, guy, is totally incorrect. It's something more specific, look further into it.
    Yes, sorry guy. Your attitude that "if I did more research I would know that the problems was OBVIOUSLY due to storing attachments to the SD card" prompted my response. BTW, I didn't ask for help, I did however wanted to share my experiences with the issue and wanted to get a gauge for others as well.

I appreciate your attempt to help, but the attitude was not needed. You're not talking to a noob.

No, I am not saying it is the direct cause. What I am saying is that every time it happens is after I have received a push email. Now it may be the case that something in that process is conflicting with the driver responsible for recognizing the card. Regardless, the issue seems to be random for different people so all the research in the world won't help solve it.

The reason for "missing storage cards" is the device is trying to read the card when the phone is in deep sleep state. When alseep the card disconnects from the device, and cannot read what is not there. If email sync is causing it, then something in the process is looking for your card. Are you storing the actual emails on the card? Is your new email notification/ringtone on the storage card? Attachments, etc.
    I don't think this pertains to my particular situation. It's kind of like the chicken or the egg. You're saying that in suspend mode the card is disconnected. That is true. When you turn on the device the OS attempts to "reconnect" and recognize the card. However, in my (and others) the card is not recognized upon startup. What is causing that? Why is it the majority of times the card is recognized? FYI - I have many apps installed on my SD card. But the majority of times I have only applications in RAM running (iLauncher, Weather Panel, Pocket Breeze), all installed on main ROM with no dependence on the SD card. Also, I don't store any emails or attachments on the card. It can be argued that iLauncheer may have some dependence since I do have shortcuts on the ilauncher bar for apps on the SD card. However, I would tend to think that if indeed it was iLauncher causing the problem, I would have this issue MUCH more frequently than I do.

Like I said, when the problem does occur, it occurs after receiving of push mail. How long after, I am not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    We have been known to disagree before, but in this case (and the seemingly popular nature of this issue), I would tend to agree it's something that Palm did. I never had this issue with my KJAM running the same exact software. Perhaps it's an AKU version issue, whatever. Regardless, I hope it's fixed in the WM6 update.
    Last edited by JGold; 06/28/2007 at 08:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Y
    I appreciate your attempt to help, but the attitude was not needed. You're not talking to a noob.
    I re-read my original post and see why it is taken as having an attitude. I apologize, wasn't my intention. And I know you're not a noob.

Someone over at xda found that having a lot of files on the root folder of the card causes this as well. The device takes too long to read it, and gives up (or something to that effect. I rearranged my card into 5 folders on the root, programs, music, docs, DCIM, Live Search. I haven't had the problem yet
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I think as end-users without access to code or h/w specs it's difficult to find the causes of this problem.

I've been a Treo user on PalmOS platform (i.e. 650, 700p). A few months ago I got a 700w and 700wx loaner from Palm. I had no issues with the SD card (granted, it's SD, not miniSD). So I didn't expect any issues to jump from Verizon to AT&T/Cingular with a 750. And this issue is now haunting me everyday.

FYI: I no longer store emails or attachments on the miniSD. The 'deep-sleep' theory is a bit difficult for me to swallow because the miniSD card sometime would disappear after just a couple of minutes after a soft-reset - which I'm sure the unit was not sleeping. I read from somewhere (and as methad stated above) that I should try a Transcend card. Perhaps I should ditch another $20+ to find out.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607