1.    #1  
    I have had my Treo 750 for about a month now and ever since my battery would only last me one full day having to be charged everynight. Not only would the battery die everyday but I dropped a lot of calls or the conversations weren't as crisp. So I switched the network to GSM only. I did that three days ago and ever since, I haven't had to charge my phone and no more drop calls. I know this might not be a good option for people who browse the internet a lot. But for those of you that have the same problem, there's the solution.
    sounds good to me! Remind me how I can do that please
    Quote Originally Posted by nismoguy126 View Post
    I have had my Treo 750 for about a month now and ever since my battery would only last me one full day having to be charged everynight. Not only would the battery die everyday but I dropped a lot of calls or the conversations weren't as crisp. So I switched the network to GSM only. I did that three days ago and ever since, I haven't had to charge my phone and no more drop calls. I know this might not be a good option for people who browse the internet a lot. But for those of you that have the same problem, there's the solution.
    I've been saying this for months...

Even if you browse the Internet a lot, you can get by with EDGE. 3G sucks for PIE, here's why

3G goes idle the second you stop using it. Click a link, the connection has to wake, THEN (if hack applied) HSDPA has to enable itself, then start transfer. Hence the long "locating" delays. Full web pages willk be noticably slower, but mobile sites are sometimes quicker without hsdpa.

Slinbox, and large file download are the only times I turn on 3G. But everyone is different.
    If you force it to EDGE, won't this cause issues with calls routing to vmail when an active data session is in progress?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    If you force it to EDGE, won't this cause issues with calls routing to vmail when an active data session is in progress?
    No, automatically pauses the transfer. You will, however, have to wait until the call ends to resume
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    No, automatically pauses the transfer. You will, however, have to wait until the call ends to resume
    No it won't. The call would go to Voicemail if I force mine to GSM.

I posted in another thread. Anyway the test I did was streaming an internet radio station via Windows Media Player on GSM only connection. I called myself from a landline and the call goes to the voicemail after a few rings.

Please share if your calls do interrupt an active data connection on GSM. I'd like to know how. Thanks.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607