1.    #1  
    I have had my sprint 700wx turn off over night at random times. the battery this morning was at 53% but the unit turned off over night sometime. Help is this a battery problem or hardware issue?
    What exactly do you mean by "shut down"?

Did the machine reboot when you tuned it back on through the TREO boot screen and then Windows Mobile boot screen? What are your timeouts set to for battery saver? Was it plugged in at the time?
    funny... same thing happened to me earlier this week, I ended up oversleeping. Only reason i can even guess this happened was that I must have moved it under my pillow in my sleep and it overheated and shutdown. I had to pull the battery, and leave it out to cool down before it powered back up. By the way the phone was buring up, and would not power back on any other way. also the LED was no longer blinking, so im positive it shutdown.
    I have 2 treo 700wx's doing that, they will go to a black screen on or off of the charger. The reset button will not turn it on, I have to remove the battery to get the phone on again. Sometimes it will be off for a few hours until I wonder why I haven't recieved any calls. If on the charger, the led will not be on if phone screen is black.

I would like to know if this is a hardware or network problem. I am on the 3rd replacement for both phones in the last 2 months, so I don't think it's the phone.