1.    #1  
    I dropped my phone today and It was like a hard reset was done.. Lost everything, contacts, programs, everything..

Has this happened to anyone else here..
    Most of us have the entire device backed up on the memory card. One day I turned my phone on and it was like it came right out of the box. Went into the memory card press SBP BACK UP with the latest date and BAM had everything. That's a great feeling.

Hope your Treo is OK. That sucks.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  3.    #3  
    I should have been at this forum a long time ago... that 'other' forum has no information on there... ive been searching for a backup program for some time now...

i just downloaded the free sprite backup program..

thx
    I tried that Sprite backup and last night it crashed, I lost all my program and contact, but luckly I had sync and the calendar and notes came back. The other programs I saved into my SD card. So I only my contacts were lost. I had to beam each contact back from my old 650. I am going to set up Outlook to try to sync my contact also.
  5.    #5  
    well, to try out sprite i just did a hard reset... i let u know in a few how it works out...
  6.    #6  
    wow!! awesome.. it worked.. got my contacts and the rest of my treo back... even my email settings..
    Quote Originally Posted by tathepilot View Post
    wow!! awesome.. it worked.. got my contacts and the rest of my treo back... even my email settings..
    Where did you save the backup file. Did you save it in the SD? I don't know why when I try to back up, it said "fail." and my restored crashed?
  8. 2sa
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    just went through this myself... do a hard reset...then install a 3rd party application like google maps, keylight..whatever.....then restore from your backup...should work.
    Device: 700wx,4G SD Card
    Service: VZW

When I get my PPC just the way I want it.....what happens next?
    I had to do a hard reset. I have Sprite Backup on my SD Card. I ran it and everything was restored to the last backup point (2 hours earlier).

Bob
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelyfriendz View Post
    Where did you save the backup file. Did you save it in the SD? I don't know why when I try to back up, it said "fail." and my restored crashed?
    on the sd card... it makes sense to save it there, because if your device wipes, the sd memory is separate..
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    I turned on my wx yesterday and discovered that my sd card was wiped clean of everything but the folders for email attachments. All the app install files that I kept on it, all music, navigation software maps, docs, everything else gone. Has anybody else seen any thing like that before?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1PTUser View Post
    I turned on my wx yesterday and discovered that my sd card was wiped clean of everything but the folders for email attachments. All the app install files that I kept on it, all music, navigation software maps, docs, everything else gone. Has anybody else seen any thing like that before?
    what brand sd card was it?
    sprint 700wx 2gb sd
    I have had a couple of compact flash cards just end up dead. I use them for photography. You might try using a program like http://www.recovermyphotos.com

It will show you what it found and prompt you to buy it to save the files. Some time the files are still there just not where you can see them.
    Check out my site.

Http://www.paulrobbins.net
    After I do a sync with the computer "usually only 2 a week" I copy and paste the memory card on the computer just in case something like that were to ever happen.
  15. rsa
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I should have been at this forum a long time ago... that 'other' forum has no information on there... ive been searching for a backup program for some time now...

i just downloaded the free sprite backup program..

thx
    Forgive my ignorant question, but I'm confused about the "free sprite backup program". I did a Google search and found backup software for $30 at www.spritesoftware.com, I then did a search on "free sprite backup software" and found "Free Sprite Backup v3.0.1 For PPC2002 to 2003 Download" at http://www.mobilefan.net/Pocket-PC.n...PC2002-to-2003

What's the real story here on the "free sprite backup program"?

Thanks for any assistance in helping a fellow 700wx user.
  16. rsa
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    The lights are on but is anyone home?

17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by RSA View Post
    Forgive my ignorant question, but I'm confused about the "free sprite backup program". I did a Google search and found backup software for $30 at www.spritesoftware.com, I then did a search on "free sprite backup software" and found "Free Sprite Backup v3.0.1 For PPC2002 to 2003 Download" at http://www.mobilefan.net/Pocket-PC.n...PC2002-to-2003

What's the real story here on the "free sprite backup program"?

Thanks for any assistance in helping a fellow 700wx user.
    Here is the link for the free download of SPRITE, http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...kup/index.html all you need to do is enter your serial number to access the free download..

sorry for the delay..
    sprint 700wx 2gb sd
  18. rsa
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Here is the link for the free download of SPRITE, http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...kup/index.html all you need to do is enter your serial number to access the free download..

sorry for the delay..
    Thank you very much for your help and the link. I was able to download and install the special free version of Sprite. Did a quick "basic mode" backup and it worked. Thanks again for taking the time to point me to it.