1.    #1  
    Is there a way to add a parameter to a "tmail.exe" shortcut so that it opens POutlook to a specific POP3 account?
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    The string \windows\tmail -services "SMS" should start the SMS service. "Activesync" should start exchange e-mail. You will need to go through the registry to find the names of the other accounts.

Surur
  3.    #3  
    Hats off to surur for pointing me in the right direction. I have pieced the rest together from other searches based on surur's head-start. So here is what you can do. I have many different POP3 addresses configured on my Treo 750. However I almost always use the same account for sending messages. So I wanted to be able to map a shortcut to a HW button to open the correct Inbox and start a new message. I will iteratively go through each possibility. Let's assume your POP3 mailbox in Pocket Outlook is called "MyMail". All of the below parameters are entered in the Target line of a regular WM shortcut.

To open inbox for MyMail:
    tmail.exe -service "MyMail"
    To additionally launch a new message with no recipient for sending:
    tmail.exe -service "MyMail" -to ""
    To have the new message pre-addressed:
    tmail.exe -service "MyMail" -to "joe@tc.com"
    To add a cc(copy to):
    tmail.exe -service "MyMail" -to "joe@tc.com" -cc "frank@tc.com"
    To add a bcc(blind copy):
    tmail.exe -service "MyMail" -to "joe@tc.com" -bcc "frank@tc.com"
    To have the new message pre-addressed to multiple addresses:
    tmail.exe -service "MyMail" -to "joe@tc.com;mary@tc.com;surur@iphonelove.org"
    To additionally add the subject line "Call Me Tonight":
    tmail.exe -service "MyMail" -to "joe@tc.com" -subject "Call Me Tonight"
    To additionally add a message in the body:
    tmail.exe -service "MyMail" -to "joe@tc.com" -subject "Call Me Tonight" -body "at 555-1212"
    To attach the file "Recipe.xls" in the "My Documents" folder:
    tmail.exe -service "MyMail" -to "joe@tc.com" -subject "Call Me Tonight" -body "at 555-1212" -attach "\My Documents\Recipe.xls"

Also, I do not use Hotmail or my Outlook email accounts so I want to hide them. Hopefully this tip doesn't screw anything up for you.

To hide "Outlook E-mail":
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc
    Rename the folder "ActiveSync" to something like "xActiveSync". You can always change it back later.
    Wait 10 seconds, Soft Reset.
    Same applies for Hotmail or others.

Hopefully some of you brighter bulbs can add to this list.
    Last edited by conekkted; 06/25/2007 at 05:08 PM.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    The string \windows\tmail -services "SMS" should start the SMS service. "Activesync" should start exchange e-mail. You will need to go through the registry to find the names of the other accounts.

Surur
    On mine, I had to use "ActiveSync"

It was case sensitive.
    Sorry to dredge up an old thread but this one really helped me out and I still had a new question.

I have used the tmail.exe param to start outlook and start a new message (tmail.exe -service "ActiveSync" -to "") or to start a new message in a POP3 account (tmail.exe -service "MYMAIL" -to "") and that's great but is there any way to tell it to start a new message in whatever service is set as default?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Hi. Thanks for the above info. I am skinning my WM5 phone and have an SMS button and an Email button. I've used

tmail.exe -service "SMS"

to open my text messages - thank you. However, now when I call tmail.exe on its own with no paramters, it still opens the text mesasge inbox. How can I force it to open Outlook's Inbox? Its like it is opening the previous view. BTW I have a POP3 account called Orange as well as the Exchange, and if I call

tmail.exe -service "Orange"

that works OK too.

I've tried the obvious like

tmail.exe -service "Outlook E-mail"

but nothing happens - Messaging doesn't even start.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyMiller View Post
    Hi. Thanks for the above info. I am skinning my WM5 phone and have an SMS button and an Email button. I've used

tmail.exe -service "SMS"

to open my text messages - thank you. However, now when I call tmail.exe on its own with no paramters, it still opens the text mesasge inbox. How can I force it to open Outlook's Inbox? Its like it is opening the previous view. BTW I have a POP3 account called Orange as well as the Exchange, and if I call

tmail.exe -service "Orange"

that works OK too.

I've tried the obvious like

tmail.exe -service "Outlook E-mail"

but nothing happens - Messaging doesn't even start.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    If you're talking about the Exchange inbox then you have to call it:

tmail.exe -service "ActiveSync"

The service for exchange is ActiveSync and it IS case sensitive.
    That's it! Thank you.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Hello there,

I have a similar problem but i think that in my case it is a bug, a very annoying bug.

Everytime i try to write a new SMS, i get the default new email settings.

How do I know that? Because the "0/160 chars" info at the end of the screen is missing, and because the contacts phone numbers are hidden.

The strange thing is that the "Account:" option is set to "SMS". But if i set the "Account:" to any of my mail accounts and then again to "SMS" the "0/160 chars" appear and the phone numbers of the contacts and selectable again. Thats why i believe this is a bug.

Now, what i'e already tryed:
    1 - Delete all my mails account (but I can't delete the Activesync account, probably it's this account making the problem)
    2 - Create a "New SMS" shortcut was you wrote on this page

Nothing solved. I believe that this is a registry problem, but this is too high for my knowledge. This is where you came in (I hope).

Can anybody help me?
    Thanx