Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I have tryed to use the VZW Treo 700wx as a modem but it doesn't seem to work and Verizon is saying that you have to add that service to your account. Has anyone found a way to make this work without having to use a third party software?
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    You need to have VZAccess on the PC/Laptop and the Connection plan on your account which I think is about $10 or $15 per month depending on your account. At least thats what I have done to get my users up on this feature with other devices.
    Just search on pdanet. This is what most of us are doing and this does not require contacting VZW or paying anything more if you already have unlimited data plan.
    Exactly, use PDAnet BUT make sure you have an unlimited data plan.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I know about PDAnet but the VZW Treo is setup to be used as a modem already but it doesn't work. Did Verizon put a lock on it so you had to use a thrid party software or their plan? I already have unlimited data plan.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    I know about PDAnet but the VZW Treo is setup to be used as a modem already but it doesn't work.
    Please explain "doesn't work" and "doesn't seem to work" from your original post.

It works for me. No PDAnet.

-Frank