Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have now both devices and the Mogul, which I just got, I believe is a much better device.
    Any opinions?
    Don't have a Mogul, and I have a feeling I know what the argument will constitute, but I'd still like to hear it!
    END OF LINE
    got my mogul today and im posting from it now. the html email is awesome.

the scroll wheel is really nice too...makes it much more 1 handed friendly than the 6700
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    HTML email - tell me more. Is the Mogul WM6? Guess I didn't know that....
    True, you can't really compare them. 1 handed operation device (700wx) vs 2 handed operation device (mogul). 1 vote for 1 handed device operation.

As far as device comparisons, an old model (700wx) version a new released model (mogul). You still can't compare. Wait until the 700wx replacement comes in, then compare them. I would still vote for 1 handed operation.
  6.    #6  
    On the mogul I like:
    wm 6, seems faster, great screen (larger and more resolution, sling video is much larger and better resolution), faster? love the wheel and much more memory.
    700wx: like the keys to type, easier to handle?, got 2 4gb cards (vs microsdcards), better battery time?
    Winner: so far, mogul.
    Keep it coming, boys, gotta know the real lowdown! The race is too close to call at this point! Although I'm quite content with my girl, I could be swayed...
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis View Post
    On the mogul I like:
    wm 6, seems faster, great screen (larger and more resolution, sling video is much larger and better resolution), faster? love the wheel and much more memory.
    700wx: like the keys to type, easier to handle?, got 2 4gb cards (vs microsdcards), better battery time?
    Winner: so far, mogul.
    Like I said, wait until the replacement for the 700wx comes in. WM6, more RAM, etc. I would still prefer 1 handed operation.
    i'm glad to see the initial impressions of the mogul aren't too bad. i'm having an extremely tough time on whether i should wait for a new windows treo or try out the mogul lol. how is the call quality and reception compared to the 700wx?
    I could never go back to a slid out keyboard device. Over time my 6700's keyboard got loose which forced me to hold it a certain way just so the darn thing wouldn't slide out. I was happy to see Sprint got a new PPC but with it's nice specs and WM6, but I'm still to happy to let my 700wx go; it does everything I want it to do without the need to hold it a certain way.
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
    My hand actually cramped up while using a 6700 when I tried it out about a year ago. My divorce from the Treo lasted only 24 hours; I returned it right away and got another Treo, and no matter what new phone comes out, I simply can't see how I can by anything but a Treo, and now more recently, a windows version.
    I have both devices. I love the big screen on the mogul but I miss the ease of use in making calls on the treo. I'm hoping that will change as I get used to the mogul. I'm still learning the controls.

I really hat that the "end call" button doesn't work as a power button like on the treo. The power button on the mogul is awkward to reach in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    HTML email - tell me more. Is the Mogul WM6? Guess I didn't know that....
    It is WM6. I have Exchange 2007 for my mail, so I now get HTML email. Its pretty nice. I missed having this since I left my 700p, but it looks much nicer on this device.
    I purchased and received the Mogul on Tuesday afternoon. By Wednesday morning, I shipped it back to Sprint. It's a nice phone, but it's not (IMHO) worth $600. The wx will suit me just fine until we start seeing some more WM6 phones, preferably with better one-handed support.
    If one-handed is the biggest selling point for a device you own, then definitely don't go for the Mogul. I love mine even coming from the 700wx, but its a personal preference for me.

@jeremy3721
    Have you tried mapping the end call button using AE Button Plus? You might be able to accomplish a power off with it and some clever mortscripting. For example, make a mortscript that will hang up if on a call or power off if not on a call. Assign that to the power button for single click and I think it would do the job.
    If the Mogul had 640x480 resolution I would switch
    Ae buttons plus will by default treat the red button as a 'hang up if in a call', then whatever action..

so, if you assign 'power off' to the red button, it *should* work just like the power button in the 700wx.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Ae buttons plus will by default treat the red button as a 'hang up if in a call', then whatever action..

so, if you assign 'power off' to the red button, it *should* work just like the power button in the 700wx.
    I just tried it out and it does power the phone down, but when in a call it just turns off the screen and leaves the phone connection active. It also does not wake the 6800 back up like the Treo's red button does.
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis View Post
    I have now both devices and the Mogul, which I just got, I believe is a much better device.
    Any opinions?
    It is a better device, no question. But give it time, and then report how you feel USING IT, ease-of-use, etc.

I loved my 8525 when I got it (GSM version, less memory, I'm using wm6 on it) but after a few weeks I realized that the Treo is SO MUCH easier to use that it outweighed the bare specs. Typing, launching programs, etc are a little harder on the 8525. WM utilizes external keyobards for shortcuts, and its hard to make up for that, even with all of those hardware shortcut buttons...

Perhaps the Mogul is better at this than the 8525, so I'm interested in hearing all of your reviews after a few weeks...
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    if the new treo 800w comes out with the a scroll wheel or trackball like the pearl, I will be in love

if not, I'll get the verizon equivalent of the mogul or switch to cingular and go for the kaiser

I'd really like a phone that takes pretty good pictures so I can use it in my day to day and reserve my larger canon for trips and such
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast