Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    No problems with Ram. Battery could be much better. At the end of the day only 20% or less. I continuosly check e-mails, watch a bit of Sling, make phone calls, browse the internet. Etc.
    Now I like it much better than the Treo mainly because of the voice tags and the buttons for every thing. Still miss the keyboard for occasional (rare) times mainly when I am driving.
    I was able to configure the hard-pause calls, using the contacts and commas for pauses.
    I need a good bluetooth stereo headphones for music and phone.
    Any suggestions?
    Very , very stable. So far no freezes .
    Last edited by lghitis; 06/27/2007 at 07:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis View Post
    No problems with Ram. Battery could be much better. At the end of the day only 20% or less. I continuosly check e-mails, watch a bit of Sling, make phone calls, browse the internet. Etc.
    Now I like it much better than the Treo mainly because of the voice tags and the buttons for every thing. Still miss the keyboard for occasional (rare) times mainly when I am driving.
    I was able to configure the hard-pause calls, using the contacts and commas for pauses.
    I need a good bluetooth stereo headphones for music and phone.
    Any suggestions?
    Very , very stable. So far no freezes .

I strongly suggest these. The sound is fantastic.

http://shop.treonauts.com/content/ac...9-115--768.htm

If you are looking for something to work out with, check out the Moto s9's. I havent tried them, but the reaviews seem to be pretty good.
  3.    #63  
    thanks. will check it out.
    Any more thoughts on this? It's been another week. Anybody change their minds?
    Are there any bluetooth headset issues like there are with the 700wx?

I never owned a 6700, but did that have similar bluetooth issues with the 700wx?

I've read where its a WM5 thing and I've read where its a Palm hardware issue. Does anyone know for sure? lol.
  6.    #66  
    What do you think of the new Jabra bluetooth 8010 that is mono/stereo?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    The Mogul excites me but I JUST switched away from the 6700 for the 700wx for one-handed operation, and I can't justify switching back to that horrible HTC design. I probably would have if it did 320x320 or higher though...
    Well I just made my purchase from Sprint. Mogul should be here by next week. I have 30 days to see if I made the right decision. If it's what I expect, my Treo 700P will be hitting Ebay within a couple of weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    If the Mogul had 640x480 resolution I would switch

whats the best out now? 320x320 palm 650/700p
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    Well I just made my purchase from Sprint. Mogul should be here by next week. I have 30 days to see if I made the right decision. If it's what I expect, my Treo 700P will be hitting Ebay within a couple of weeks.
    Hope it works out for you. Check out the 680/Titan/Mogul forums over at pdaphonehome and ppcgeeks as there's tons of help there.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    well, I got the 6800 the day it came out. my first one shot crap 11 days old. my second one doesn't do voicedialing with the same headset that worked with the first one. my third one is at home waiting for me.

pros: html email. not a biggie but a plus. bigger screen is nice for slingbox and to put more junk on the today screen, but I'm debating if its worth loosing the keys on the front. for typing posts here, email, and text messages the slide out key pad is nice. I had the 6700 before the treo 700wx and felt the treo was small keyed for bigger thumbs like mine. the scroll wheel is nice. wifi is something else I missed from the 6700 days. my basement gets no evdo, but now gets wifi. battery life seems better than my treo did with the 2400 seidio extended battery. happy with battery.

cons. I get this "memory too low" error message showing up with only 3 or 4 apps opened. if you did some good surfing, used on demand, had a large contact list with it still opened, you'll see it. I have to get use to closing stuff more than I ever did with the wx. the two big issues for me is why have so large of storage memory and so little program memory. a sd card can make up for storage, but program memory will have to live with. also bluetooth may stay connected, but still has issues. many have complained about the reciever of the call saying the caller is cutting out. up and down volume. choppy sound. this could be fixed with a rom update. who knows.

I am getting use to the non one handedness that the 6800 has. I like the slider for text type stuff, but for just making a call... turning on phone, hitting the first letter of the contact and then making the call. that is one thing is miss. the sprint treo wx was/is a nice phone. has very few problems. i miss it. I have a few days left to decied if I want to keep it. wm6 is not an up grade from wm5. DO NOT LET THIS make yor decision. very little difference. it is a lot smaller than the 6700. if you don't mind siders, want full screen slingbox, and won't miss the one handedness.... then get the mogul. if not... man the wx is one of the best pdas around. very little problems.

cody
    Last edited by codyppc; 07/17/2007 at 09:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    True, you can't really compare them. 1 handed operation device (700wx) vs 2 handed operation device (mogul). 1 vote for 1 handed device operation.
    Exactly
  13.    #73  
    I am not very happy with the battery. That is for me the main problem. I think the treo 700wx lasted longer. The low memory issue is annoying and I have to get used to release memory and close programs. The keys in the front of the treo 700wx is very valuable and I miss it a lot. otherwise is a nice device.
    hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    battery life seems better than my treo did with the 2400 seidio extended battery. happy with battery.

cody
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis View Post
    I am not very happy with the battery. That is for me the main problem. I think the treo 700wx lasted longer. The low memory issue is annoying and I have to get used to release memory and close programs. The keys in the front of the treo 700wx is very valuable and I miss it a lot. otherwise is a nice device.
    I get better battery life out of my 6800 stock battery than I did with my 700wx extended 2400mAH battery. It's probably due to the dual processor as well as refinements in the processors.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    well, I got the 6800 the day it came out. my first one shot crap 11 days old. my second one doesn't do voicedialing with the same headset that worked with the first one. my third one is at home waiting for me.

pros: html email. not a biggie but a plus. bigger screen is nice for slingbox and to put more junk on the today screen, but I'm debating if its worth loosing the keys on the front. for typing posts here, email, and text messages the slide out key pad is nice. I had the 6700 before the treo 700wx and felt the treo was small keyed for bigger thumbs like mine. the scroll wheel is nice. wifi is something else I missed from the 6700 days. my basement gets no evdo, but now gets wifi. battery life seems better than my treo did with the 2400 seidio extended battery. happy with battery.

cons. I get this "memory too low" error message showing up with only 3 or 4 apps opened. if you did some good surfing, used on demand, had a large contact list with it still opened, you'll see it. I have to get use to closing stuff more than I ever did with the wx. the two big issues for me is why have so large of storage memory and so little program memory. a sd card can make up for storage, but program memory will have to live with. also bluetooth may stay connected, but still has issues. many have complained about the reciever of the call saying the caller is cutting out. up and down volume. choppy sound. this could be fixed with a rom update. who knows.

I am getting use to the non one handedness that the 6800 has. I like the slider for text type stuff, but for just making a call... turning on phone, hitting the first letter of the contact and then making the call. that is one thing is miss. the sprint treo wx was/is a nice phone. has very few problems. i miss it. I have a few days left to decied if I want to keep it. wm6 is not an up grade from wm5. DO NOT LET THIS make yor decision. very little difference. it is a lot smaller than the 6700. if you don't mind siders, want full screen slingbox, and won't miss the one handedness.... then get the mogul. if not... man the wx is one of the best pdas around. very little problems.

cody

I wonder if the Memaid memory tweaker would help you here. BTW, I knew that ram seemed very low. Makes no sense really.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

I am getting use to the non one handedness that the 6800 has. I like the slider for text type stuff, but for just making a call... turning on phone, hitting the first letter of the contact and then making the call. that is one thing is miss. the sprint treo wx was/is a nice phone. has very few problems. i miss it. I have a few days left to decided if I want to keep it. wm6 is not an up grade from wm5. DO NOT LET THIS make your decision. very little difference. it is a lot smaller than the 6700. if you don't mind sliders, want full screen slingbox, and won't miss the one handedness.... then get the mogul. if not... man the wx is one of the best pdas around. very little problems.

cody
    I recently made the switch and honestly the only thing I miss is the available program memory that the Treo has. Now it's not killing me, and I'm not gonna return my Mogul, but more program memory would be nice.

My pros are: Battery life, keyboard, screen size, sliding sounds (yes I know it's just a novelty, but you can use your own and it's fun) and wifi

Cons: program memory

Oh and Cody I too am a huge fan of how you could just type the first letter of a contact, scroll if needed and place a call. Well you can with the Mogul as well, sort of. If you have the screen closed just whit the talk button which will bring up the dialpad, then type the number with the first letter of your contact. I mean it isn't the same, but it doesn't take that much more work. If you have the screen slid out however, the function will behave just as it did on the 700wx.

I was about to make a switch to the mogul when I heard about an upcoming treo 800w I decided to wait
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    I wonder if the Memaid memory tweaker would help you here. BTW, I knew that ram seemed very low. Makes no sense really.
    Did not do much for me.

RAM is the reason I let mine go. I would get down under 10mb free by the end of the day- even if everything was closed out.

That leak was killer.

For me trying these new devices is fun for a few weeks. Then I always switch back to the treo and make a big exhale. This was the first time I actually knew before I got it that I wouldent keep it. I have decided to stop trying to fool myself and just admit my addiction.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Did not do much for me.

RAM is the reason I let mine go. I would get down under 10mb free by the end of the day- even if everything was closed out.

That leak was killer.

For me trying these new devices is fun for a few weeks. Then I always switch back to the treo and make a big exhale. This was the first time I actually knew before I got it that I wouldent keep it. I have decided to stop trying to fool myself and just admit my addiction.

Its a bizzare decision by HTC to cut the ram short. If you are building a new device from scratch, how is the decision reached to try and get by with the bear minimum RAM? Why not overkill it? At least test the device to inusre the memory management works properly. I had the black Q and it had 57 megs of ram, which seems enough. But open up WMP and bam, your down to 8 megs. Try and surf the net when you are listening to music and you run into problems. I just dont understand it. At least with Treo, I can listen to music, surf the net, do email and have about every other app running and still have over 10 megs. Its the standard as far as Im concerned.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast