Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    3. Memory is certainly plentiful (though you can never have enough of that) with ample ROM for program storage and standard RAM capacity. With all programs closed, the RAM is just over 22MB; with most included programs open is just above 10MB and still quite snappy.

Wow, only 22 mb of ram with nothing open? Looking at my WX I have 32 mb. Suprising the new 6800 would have so little.

You read my mind. I was thinking the same thing.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    With the low price of RAM and he high cost of these WM PPC phones, they really should put more RAM on them. Even if it did little for performance, it would make the buyers feel better knowing they had that extra RAM if they need it.

With the 6800, some reviewers have really pushed it to the limits with running all kinds of apps and did not have any memory issues. Its possible that HTC did not put the extra RAM as it wasn't really needed on this device. Time will be the true judge as more people test this in the real world.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    With the low price of RAM and he high cost of these WM PPC phones, they really should put more RAM on them. Even if it did little for performance, it would make the buyers feel better knowing they had that extra RAM if they need it.

With the 6800, some reviewers have really pushed it to the limits with running all kinds of apps and did not have any memory issues. Its possible that HTC did not put the extra RAM as it wasn't really needed on this device. Time will be the true judge as more people test this in the real world.
    It would be interesting to note how much Ram is used when actually playing WMP. I find that when listening to music, WMedia can use as much as 20 megs. So a good test would be listening to music and surfing the web.
  4.    #44  
    yesterday I did a similar test. I had sling media, mundu radio, internet explorer, and it all worked fine with the video.and the double sound.
    sooo anyone care to comment on the reception & call quality compared to their wx?
    The sound quality on the 6800 is good and its either on par or a little better than 700wx. I haven't done extensive testing, but I do appear to get better reception than I did on my 700wx. I also had a Zoti antenna 700wx which might reduce the signal though.
    On a separate note, I played with the WiFi while on a call last night. This is a pretty cool feature because I could look things up on the Internet while talking on the phone. This is similar to the simultaneous voice/data you can get on the 750 except that this requires a WiFi connection. With more and more places offering free WiFi, this will be a nice feature to have.
    I thought I read somewhere that EVDO Rev. A will support both voice/data. Hopefully that is correct, and come this fall the Mogul will be able to do that.

I'm still waiting on the arrival on mine, as I got it through a friend with sprint for $289.00 and no contract
    Quote Originally Posted by winter720 View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that EVDO Rev. A will support both voice/data. Hopefully that is correct, and come this fall the Mogul will be able to do that.

I'm still waiting on the arrival on mine, as I got it through a friend with sprint for $289.00 and no contract
    Yes, that is correct.
    From what I have read, EVDO revision A doesn't give simultaneous voice/data as that is EVDV rather than EVDO. Revision A will give us higher speeds up and down as well as lower latency, which will make web surfing much nicer.
    From what I have read, EVDO revision A doesn't give simultaneous voice/data as that is EVDV rather than EVDO. Revision A will give us higher speeds up and down as well as lower latency, which will make web surfing much nicer.
    It's actually both!

EvDO RevA can do both voice and data but on Sprint's network, it won't. At least that's what a Sprint tech said somewhere, recently, lol.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Mal, I noticed you changed your sig... Does that mean you're back?

(and not retired from PPCs?)
    END OF LINE
    stroths thanks for the heads up on the rf. that's the only thing i envy from the gsm side is the ability to have simultaneous data/voice so with wifi atleast its partly attainable lol. man i wish palm would hurry up with the treo 800. being a pda ***** i'm itching to buy the mogul lol (heck even the blackberry 8830 too).
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Mal, I noticed you changed your sig... Does that mean you're back?

(and not retired from PPCs?)
    lol, yeah been back for about a month on the 700wx. I missed it. No plans for a Mogul though.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    The sound quality on the 6800 is good and its either on par or a little better than 700wx. I haven't done extensive testing, but I do appear to get better reception than I did on my 700wx. I also had a Zoti antenna 700wx which might reduce the signal though.
    After activating my phone line on the 6800 late last week I have used it extensively for telephony. The sound quality is quite good, volume is adequate but more is always good. The call quality at the other end was reported as good. Speakerphone works decently enough, better volume than the stock Treo.

Bluetooth well... it actually works!
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I can't wait to have a phone where BT actually works again...
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I wish we could bring it over.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  18.    #58  
    So far very satisfy with my Mogul or 6800.
    Quality of calls is very good. Speakerphone is loud.
    It is getting easier to use but I miss the keypad on the Treo 700wx with easy access. Voice tags for contacts and applications makes much easier to operate.
    Most of the programs I had for my Treo 700wx actually work well with exception of Sprite backup. Any ideas?
    Yahoo go does not work for my calendar Sync but instead I am using now Google calendar with the GooSync and it is actually much better.
    The stereo headphones do not work ( Only one side works. I will replace them.) but my other headphone with the adapter does work.
    The wheel is very practical to browse programs and select them.

Sling is of great quality.
    The camera with the zoom and flash is a delight.
    Wi-fi works very well. It connects right away. I used it in Argentina in a hot spot.
    Overall very happy.
  19. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis View Post
    So far very satisfy with my Mogul or 6800.
    Quality of calls is very good. Speakerphone is loud.
    It is getting easier to use but I miss the keypad on the Treo 700wx with easy access. Voice tags for contacts and applications makes much easier to operate.
    Most of the programs I had for my Treo 700wx actually work well with exception of Sprite backup. Any ideas?
    Yahoo go does not work for my calendar Sync but instead I am using now Google calendar with the GooSync and it is actually much better.
    The stereo headphones do not work ( Only one side works. I will replace them.) but my other headphone with the adapter does work.
    The wheel is very practical to browse programs and select them.

Sling is of great quality.
    The camera with the zoom and flash is a delight.
    Wi-fi works very well. It connects right away. I used it in Argentina in a hot spot.
    Overall very happy.
    How's the Mogul's battery life & are you having any lack of RAM issues?
    After a week and some of using the 6800, the battery life with my normal use is on par with my Treo 700p regular battery; perhaps is a bit better since the Treo has no Wi-Fi and I have used this feature a lot lately.

I am new to the WM world so I have no real point of comparison, but so far I have opened a great number of program (left them open since I am still getting used to the [x] not closing the program thing) and have not noticed any significant slow-downs or problems.

So far the device seems more stable than my Palm powered Treo 700p, I am enjoying bluetooth that actually works. Still struggling getting used to new software, new ways of doing things but I am determined to give WM a fair chance and making the jump to WM for good.

Miss the Treo keyboard too, but the jog wheel and five-way button are quite good for almost one-handed operation.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast