1.    #1  
    My treo just started acting wierd if you will.... now when a make calls or take calls i cant but them on speaker or mute by just pressing the icon i have to go to menue and select speakerphone or mute to do those options....its wierd becuase i was always able to press the little icon on bottom right and mute or use speakerphone with no problems....what can i do to fix this??????? Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Do a hard reset of your phone. That will bring it back to factory default.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  3.    #3  
    Yes but all the info i have ther now all my numbers...kinda of a pain ...i am sure there is a alternative
    I noticed my friends phone did the same thing....icons not working.

Hard reset cures a lot of problems and cleans out a lot of muck. Just make sure you have all of your files and settings backed up and/or synced to your laptop (outlook). If you have an active sync server that you're using, then the calendar, contacts, and tasks on the phone are just local copies of the server info. Easy to restore all of that stuff after a hard reset.

Set up sync to your laptop/desktop. If you don't have many applications installed/setup, it's easy to just re-install them from the laptop, or from the .cab files.

If you've got a lot of stuff you don't want to install, u can do a back-up with either Sprite backup (free from palmone.com) or SBP backup. SBP has some more options with selective resotre (ie. don't restore all the calender,contacts,and tasks since they can just be re-synced to outlook or an exchange server).

Alternatively, you could dry running memmaid that cleans up a lot of muck. I run it weekly.

I'm going to have to do the same to her phone.
    I don't think you have to hard reset. I've had that a couple of times in the past and a soft reset fixed it.
  6.    #6  
    i will try the soft rest ....and see what that does...BTW when you soft reset does that change anything????
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    I don't think you have to hard reset. I've had that a couple of times in the past and a soft reset fixed it.
    I did the soft reset and it WORK!!!! Thanks............
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    When I make/receive calls I try to tap the mute or speakerphone icons and they do nothing. It try them on the menu and nothing happens when I do that either. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have a Palm Treo 700wx. I've tried soft reset.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I solved my issue by changing my registry setting HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin\. I changed the value of "Enabled" from 0 to 1 (mine was set to 0), waited a bit, then soft-reset.