1.    #1  
    Ok Fellas i did some research on this but have not found a concrete answer....i am a new treo user and am excited with the capabilties of the phone...well my dilema is i want to view my yahoo emails thru the outlook that is provided on the cd that comes with the treo 700wx...no i have it setup on the treo to show my yahoo email messages but how do i do that for my outlook so that it displays my messages...also i tried setting up account but wont work...any ideas what i should do???? thanks in advance!!!
    There are multiple ways of setting this up. I too like having all my e-mail consolidated in outlook (laptop). No more searching through different e-mail apps to find something. Archiving. Total synchronization (deleting and moving to folders) to the treo...IF you have an exchange account. I use the company's exchange, but you can get one for free at mail3web.com. The exchange account also backs up all your calendar, contacts, and tasks, so if you ever need it, it's there.

You said you have yahoo set up on the treo, so u must know that you have to pay for yahoo to be able to pop into pocket outlook. There's another thread hear about setting it up for IMAP access, but that sounds inconsistent, and I think they're having to pay now as well.

The problem with pop mail on the device, is it doesn't sync with anything. I found myself reading/deleting the same messages on the device and then again from my laptop...counter productive.

There is also a stand alone app called yahoo to go that will bring your yahoo into pocket outlook. IT IS VERY BUGY AND WAS THE SOURCE OF CONSTANT HARD RESETS FOR ME. Not recommended unless something has changed in the last 6 months.

For me the company mail is most imortant. I also have 2 pop accounts...yahoo and comcast. The only account I have set up in pocket outlook is the company active sync account (u can use mail 2 web). So the company e-mail is real time push/sync anlong with contacts and calendar.

I don't get my yahoo and comcast directly from pocket outlook. I don't have them set up there. I have them set up as additional accounts in Outlook on the laptop. When I send/receive from Outlook it goes out to all three accounts. Once the mail is consolidated in Outlook it gets pushed to exchange and then on to the device.

The draw back to this set-up is that my pop mail doesn't go to my device instantly. Only after send/receive from my laptop. At first I didn't like that, but it turns out most of that mail is junk anyway and not time critical. I'm happy getting my company mail ASAP and the rest on a daily basis.

Now you could leave a copy of Outlook running somewhere set to automatically send/receive and that would push yahoo/comcast to the device on a delayed basis. I think the mail2web offers a mail consolidation service (under the pay plan) that would work as well.

So try setting up yahoo in Outlook. Accounts..add new. You can get the pop settings from yahoo. You must pay.

Sorry for being so winded....

edit: just remembered. I don't think the free version of Mail2web lets you sync Outlook (laptop/desktop). Just the device.
    Last edited by akenis; 06/22/2007 at 01:47 AM.
    ok here's the thing. Yahoo has re-opened access to their free email. (ignore the answer above - that's old news. nice to get a lot of info, but it's no longer accurate). Just go into Outlook/Email on your Treo700wx and do this:

Menu
    Tools
    New Account

put in your Yahoo address (yes, the free version), hit next.
    Put in your password and that's basically it. Here's a much longer explanation of how to set it up:

Yahoo Mail setup on the 700wx:
    (for the free Yahoo webmail)

Starting in 'Messaging':

Select Menu/Tools/New Account

Enter your Yahoo email address.
    The device will attempt to connect to Yahoo and run the auto-configure process.
    Hit 'Next'

Enter your Name
    Enter your Yahoo User Name (also called your Yahoo ID) - this is likely already completed for you
    Enter your Yahoo password (same as you use to access your free Yahoo account)
    Check the box for 'Save Password"

Hit 'Next'

Leave these next settings as they are by default (you can change the account name from 'Yahoo IMAP' to whatever you want - ' My Yahoo', etc.

Hit 'Next'

Leave the settings for Incoming and Outgoing mail alone as well.
    Scroll down the navigator and select 'Options'.
    Make your choices here as you see fit - check for mail every X minutes, with a max of 60.
    Hit 'Next'
    If you want more mail on your device, increase the days of mail displayed setting.
    Don't check the 'Require SSL connection' box.
    Check box the 'Outgoing mail requires authentication' box.

Hit finish and you're done!

If you wish to have your Yahoo subfolders show, do this:

From the Yahoo Inbox view, select:
    Menu
    Manage Folders
    And then navigate up/down to the folders you wish to have shown on your device (hint - use the SPACE BAR to check the folder box - that way you can leave that stylus in its rightful place in the back of the device).

And if you want an email signature, do this, when in 'Messaging'
    Menu
    Tools
    Options
    Scroll down with the 5-way and select 'Signatures'
    Then select the account(s) for which you wish to set your email signatures. Follow the steps shown.

Repeat as needed for all your mail accounts.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    ok here's the thing. Yahoo has re-opened access to their free email. (ignore the answer above - that's old news. nice to get a lot of info, but it's no longer accurate). Just go into Outlook/Email on your Treo700wx and do this:

Menu
    Tools
    New Account

put in your Yahoo address (yes, the free version), hit next.
    Put in your password and that's basically it. Here's a much longer explanation of how to set it up:

Yahoo Mail setup on the 700wx:
    (for the free Yahoo webmail)

Starting in 'Messaging':

Select Menu/Tools/New Account

Enter your Yahoo email address.
    The device will attempt to connect to Yahoo and run the auto-configure process.
    Hit 'Next'

Enter your Name
    Enter your Yahoo User Name (also called your Yahoo ID) - this is likely already completed for you
    Enter your Yahoo password (same as you use to access your free Yahoo account)
    Check the box for 'Save Password"

Hit 'Next'

Leave these next settings as they are by default (you can change the account name from 'Yahoo IMAP' to whatever you want - ' My Yahoo', etc.

Hit 'Next'

Leave the settings for Incoming and Outgoing mail alone as well.
    Scroll down the navigator and select 'Options'.
    Make your choices here as you see fit - check for mail every X minutes, with a max of 60.
    Hit 'Next'
    If you want more mail on your device, increase the days of mail displayed setting.
    Don't check the 'Require SSL connection' box.
    Check box the 'Outgoing mail requires authentication' box.

Hit finish and you're done!

If you wish to have your Yahoo subfolders show, do this:

From the Yahoo Inbox view, select:
    Menu
    Manage Folders
    And then navigate up/down to the folders you wish to have shown on your device (hint - use the SPACE BAR to check the folder box - that way you can leave that stylus in its rightful place in the back of the device).

And if you want an email signature, do this, when in 'Messaging'
    Menu
    Tools
    Options
    Scroll down with the 5-way and select 'Signatures'
    Then select the account(s) for which you wish to set your email signatures. Follow the steps shown.

Repeat as needed for all your mail accounts.
    I did that and it works but i cant get it on the outlook to show my yahoo messages like i have on my phone!!!!????
    He wants to get yahoo mail in outlook, not pocket outlook. Here's the instructions at yahoo:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...pop/index.html

I have mine set up like this in outlook 2003 (may be similar)

Tools
    E-mail accounts
    Add/change

incomming: pop.mail.yahoo.com
    outgoing: smtp.mail.yahoo.com

under more and advanced settings:

incomming port 995
    outgoing port 465

both require SSL.

This should allow you to pop yahoo and get your mail into outlook.
    Here's a article about setting up IMAP access. Evidently this works in both outlook and pocket outlook.

http://yahoo.weblogsinc.com/2006/06/...e-imap-access/

Since you've got IMAP working on the treo, I'd probably set up outlook with IMAP as well. IMAP gives you some level of folder sync...POP doesn't do anything but donwnload the inbox.