1.    #1  
    I am currently a 4smartphone subscriber and my contract is up in less than a month. Before renewing, I'd like to see if there is an alternative to 4smartphone that will work for me. I have read the many posts talking about push e-mail, 4smartphone, mail2web and others, and I have spoken to tech support at a dozen or so Exchange hosting providers, but have not found an equivalent to 4smartphone.

Here's some background and a list of what I need (and a couple of wouldn't it be nice's) - if anyone knows of a service that will provide these other 4smartphone, you will earn my eternal gratitude:

Background:
    • I have a personal e-mail account with my cable company (optonline.net) which I want to retain as my primary e-mail address; I can forward incoming e-mails to another account, but I don't think I can change the mysterious MX record
    • I use Outlook on my home computer
    • I have a Treo 700w, with Verizon, unlimited data plan
    • My home computer is not left on 24x7 so the Verizon Wireless Sync desktop redirector is not an option
    • Currently, I forward incoming e-mails to 4smartphone, and a copy is forwarded to my Treo, usually as fast or faster than arrival to my desktop. I tried the option of migrating my .pst file to an .ost file that would allow two way sync of my e-mail between the Treo and my desktop, but cancelled because of an oddity with the way contacts were handled by 4smartphone (any user with an optonline.net e-mail address using 4smartphone could see my personal address book and I could see theirs - not sure if they ever changed that).

Needs:
    • Ability to keep my optonline.net e-mail address
    • Ability to forward e-mails to my Treo without having to have my home PC up and running
    • Ability to do this via e-mail forwarding rather than changing the MX record
    • Ability to respond to e-mails from my Treo and have the sending address be my optonline.net e-mail address (not xyz@exchange-r-us.com)
    • It would be a huge bonus if I could do two way real-time (or close) sync between my Treo and my Outlook data file without having to share my address book with other optonline.net users

Anyone know of a service that will meet my needs (with or without the two-way sync) or am I stuck with 4smartphone?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Check out sherweb.com. It gives you everything you're looking for. I used them for a while, and their service was very good. The only reason I cancelled was because I didn't need the full exchange host, just the push email.
    Webville is very good. They will let you forward your existing email or set up your own domain.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBD View Post
    Needs:
    • Ability to keep my optonline.net e-mail address
    • Ability to forward e-mails to my Treo without having to have my home PC up and running
    • Ability to do this via e-mail forwarding rather than changing the MX record
    • Ability to respond to e-mails from my Treo and have the sending address be my optonline.net e-mail address (not xyz@exchange-r-us.com)

I'm assuming since your are a 4smartphone customer, all of these needs are available in the professional version of 4smartphone, the one that costs $80 per year.

Sorry that I'm not adding that much new info. 4smartphone has be great by me and I love em. Free Outlook 2007 and all of the options you needed are included.
    Try exchange server product at www.1and1.com
    If you can do without the outlook sync, Fastmail/flexmail is THE way to go. I tried smartphone and mail2web, and their email service is so behind fastmail.fm. I can send a email to gmail or my comcast account and I receive it in seconds (not minutes)...and the best part is... its $20/year
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    If you can do without the outlook sync, Fastmail/flexmail is THE way to go. I tried smartphone and mail2web, and their email service is so behind fastmail.fm. I can send a email to gmail or my comcast account and I receive it in seconds (not minutes)...and the best part is... its $20/year
    Fastmail doesn't have Exchange push though, right?
    Fastmail is IMAP Idle. It'll still push your emails, but not contacts or calendars.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    Fastmail doesn't have Exchange push though, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by sga.usa View Post
    Try exchange server product at www.1and1.com
    Second that pick...

Fastmail has too many issues... been following them for over two years now...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001