1.    #1  
    Recently, when i use the USB cable to sync w/ ActiveSync (4.5) .......NOTHING.

For some reason, the phone/computer do not seem to acknowledge each other, although I do hear the computer beep when I connect the two.

Previously I have been able to get the two to sync by pulling the battery (don't ask me why this works), but that is not working now.

Suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by NestOfRobins View Post
    Recently, when i use the USB cable to sync w/ ActiveSync (4.5) .......NOTHING.

For some reason, the phone/computer do not seem to acknowledge each other, although I do hear the computer beep when I connect the two.

Previously I have been able to get the two to sync by pulling the battery (don't ask me why this works), but that is not working now.

Suggestions?
    I've had similar problems. Unfortunately if soft reset doesn't fix it, deleting partnerships on the computer and treo doesn't fix it, uninstall and reinstall active sync doesn't fix it, you'll probably have to hard reset your treo.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    This happens to me to. I get a "Connected Synchronization Error" the only thing I can do is Explore the files. I tried everything. Except Hard Reset
    4 8 15 16 23 42
    Sharp YO-610 > Casio Cassiopeia E125 > iPAQ h5455 > Treo 700W
    Give this a shot:
    - Reboot the computer.
    - Soft reset the Treo.
    - Run the program "USBSwitch" on the Treo (it should be under the Start | Programs menu)
    - Plug the USB cable into a different port on the computer.
    - Plug the other end into the Treo.

Hopefull that'll work. Good luck. If not, go ahead and run USBSwitch on the Treo again to toggle it back to the way it was before.
  5.    #5  
    Previous to the problems, whenever I soft-reset the device, I would get the "You inserted a photo card"-type message b/c the inserted SD card has a DCIM directory.

Now, I dont get that message automatically.

So, I tried soft-reset, REMOVE SD CARD (wait for audio confirmation), and REINSERT SD card. That would cause the device to give the "New Photos" popup. Then the device will sync fine.

Can someone explain this? Could the SD card be corrupted? Why would this make a difference at all?