Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I recently installed windows live messenger on my treo, then quickly uninstalled it because it's a bloated piece of crap. However, it gave me an error that said it didn't uninstall correctly and now every time I reset my phone a sync screen pops up and the phone locks up completely, and is useless. How do I get in and stop whatever's left of this from starting up? If I don't enter my phone's passcode and just let it sit on the screen with that it doesn't lock and I can dock it and explore the files on it with activesync, but I don't know where to look. Is there a StartUp folder or registry file I can hit with a hammer to get my phone back?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    If nothing else, how can I back up my contacts off this before I do a factory reset?
    If you haven't performed a backup or recent sync, then I doubt you can do anything else. In order to sync, Activesync on your Treo needs to start. If it indeed really did lockup, then AS will not start. Did you just leave the device alone and see if it restarts eventually?
    Same thing happened to me when I went to unistall it... I did a hard reset... luckily I did a back up prior to installing it.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Somehow I managed to bypass it by spamming one of my speed-dial buttons as soon as it showed up, and then removed the Live thingy from my today screen. Is there a way to export contacts without wasting money on Outlook? My programs I can replace, but I HATE reentering contacts, and I might just backup and flatten it anyway, just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmnboy View Post
    Somehow I managed to bypass it by spamming one of my speed-dial buttons as soon as it showed up, and then removed the Live thingy from my today screen. Is there a way to export contacts without wasting money on Outlook? My programs I can replace, but I HATE reentering contacts, and I might just backup and flatten it anyway, just in case.
    Not sure what carrier you are with, but with VZW at least, MS Outlook 2002 comes with the phone, on the CD.

-Frank
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I got mine on ebay with no CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmnboy View Post
    I recently installed windows live messenger on my treo, then quickly uninstalled it because it's a bloated piece of crap. However, it gave me an error that said it didn't uninstall correctly and now every time I reset my phone a sync screen pops up and the phone locks up completely, and is useless. How do I get in and stop whatever's left of this from starting up? If I don't enter my phone's passcode and just let it sit on the screen with that it doesn't lock and I can dock it and explore the files on it with activesync, but I don't know where to look. Is there a StartUp folder or registry file I can hit with a hammer to get my phone back?
    install memmaid that can found at link below.Do a full clean of the reg and problem solved.

There is a free trial before you buy
    http://www.handango.com/ampp/store/P...oductId=123995
    You can also set up a free exchange account to sync your contacts, calendar, and notes before a hard reset. Works like a charm, and I feel its faster than the PC route.