1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 750c and use a microsoft exchange client with Work. Does this mean that I can set up my 750 to sync with my server? The IT people are not any help, what do I need to set this up?
    Quote Originally Posted by jdebo325 View Post
    I have a Treo 750c and use a microsoft exchange client with Work. Does this mean that I can set up my 750 to sync with my server? The IT people are not any help, what do I need to set this up?
    You can if you have at minimum Exchange 2003 with SP2 installed. Do you have access to Outlook web access? Try going to www.mycompay.com/exchange or https://mail.mycompany.com or whatever your OWA address is.

if you have OWA, you can try those settings on your Treo.

On you Treo, go to Activesync and clik the "synch with exchange server" link

For mail server put your OWA web address without the http://
    for username, use what you sign into your work computer with
    for domain, use what you sign into your work computer with
    for password, use what you sign into your work compter with

See if that works.

-Mashie
  3.    #3  
    I have access to OWA through a Webgate... where Can i find the DOMAIN to enter? I also have access through VPN & Citrix on my computer can these help at all?
    I have access to OWA through a Webgate... where Can i find the DOMAIN to enter? I also have access through VPN & Citrix on my computer can these help at all?
    Wow you IT guys really suck, or they are just beeing an *** if they dont want to help you, I work in IT. Im sure they can do it for you.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I was in the same situation as you - right up until we switched to Windows Mobile (from Blackberry) and the OWA address was "advertised". It turns out the Webgate is still there, but I now go directly to the OWA address even when I'm accessing it from a browser - much better

Just send an email to your IT dept. asking them for the OWA address and follow the directions given in Weaweil's post. I'd make one slight change to those instructions, though. When it asks for your "Domain" - think Windows Domain, not DNS. In other words, leave off the ".com".
  6.    #6  
    We are on a Blackberry server as Well...I will try your comments, for the time being i am using the Xpress mail. It seems to work with Email, I am not sure if it is going to sync my calendar like I would like... but will try your suggestions.

Thanks
    Bottom line - you need these three things, to set up instant direct push (for email, contacts, calendar, tasks) with your company Exchanger server:

Your OWA address
    Your normal PC logon credentials - user name, password, domain

as all the posts above explained.

here's how to do it, on the device:

Launch the Active Sync app on the device - Start/Programs/Active Sync.

Hit the menu button and select 'Configure Server'. Then enter the following:

First screen:

Server Address: (your company's webmail URL - like 'webmail.acme.com')

(do I check the SSL box?) YES

Next screen:

User Name: (Your Windows NT User Name, just like you use on your laptop)

Password: Your Windows NT password

Domain: Your Windows Domain (usually 'acme' or something very basic)

(do I check 'Save Password' - ?) Yes, unless you want to enter each time you check mail

Do I need to do anything under the advanced tab? NO, don't go there, leave the defaults.

You can go into the next screen and modify the various settings for Email syncing, calendar, etc, if you wish.

Simple as pie!
    I hate to sound like the "office computer guy" but, is your IT department not helping because they are jerks, or because they don't want you to have this functionality? Does your company allow for this type of connectivity?

Within my organization we forbid ANY unauthorized remote mail/access connectivity. All remote access requests have to come through us first. We're the ones who know what kind of infrastructure we have and what we can safely/securely support. Now, if your IT department is clueless, then that's a COMPLETELY different story.

Obviously we don't know the details of your company size, IT staff, etc. But just something to keep in mind.
  9.    #9  
    I would not say that they are jerks, just really busy and not very willing go outside the box... We have a Exchange server and it would be very easy to allow me to use Activesync, but they want everyone to use the Blackberry...

I know that I would not be the first, they told me that the phone is not compatible when I know that is not true.

But i resolved the issue with out them... which was my goal. thanks for all the input... everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    Bottom line - you need these three things, to set up instant direct push (for email, contacts, calendar, tasks) with your company Exchanger server:

Your OWA address
    Your normal PC logon credentials - user name, password, domain

as all the posts above explained.

here's how to do it, on the device:

Launch the Active Sync app on the device - Start/Programs/Active Sync.

Hit the menu button and select 'Configure Server'. Then enter the following:

First screen:

Server Address: (your company's webmail URL - like 'webmail.acme.com')

(do I check the SSL box?) YES

Next screen:

User Name: (Your Windows NT User Name, just like you use on your laptop)

Password: Your Windows NT password

Domain: Your Windows Domain (usually 'acme' or something very basic)

(do I check 'Save Password' - ?) Yes, unless you want to enter each time you check mail

Do I need to do anything under the advanced tab? NO, don't go there, leave the defaults.

You can go into the next screen and modify the various settings for Email syncing, calendar, etc, if you wish.

Simple as pie!
    JohnnyMac, thank you for those steps. Makes setting up an account easy

With this setup, it is supposed to be direct push. However I noticed that my data connection is always on For direct push, is that normal to have data connection on all the time?

John
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Yes your data connection will always be on but not active. You will still be able to receive calls if on Edge while using Exchange Activesync.
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave View Post
    Yes your data connection will always be on but not active. You will still be able to receive calls if on Edge while using Exchange Activesync.
    Webdave, thank you for that quick reply.

With data connection always on, wouldn't that use up battery real fast? BTW, my data connection would either be via GPRS or UMTS depending on coverage area. Guess in both scenarios, calls should still come in even though data connection's on?
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    The data service isn't actively sending/receiving data while it is on. It is in a type of standby mode. You will use more battery if you are using Exchange push but I still get about a day and a half of use.
    Is there a way to turn off exchange push whenever I want to, apart from setting peak and off peak time?
    Is it possible to setup up multiple exchange push accouts?

I wouldn't mine setting up mail2web and work e-mail.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    No you can only have one exchange account setup.
    @JohnNaik

In the Active sync scheduling settings, change it from "As items arrive" to the first option "Manually". This will stop it from checking.Accordvsick
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer