1.    #1  
    Is there a way to set the Month View as the default in Calendar?
    Menu, Display Options, Default View
  3.    #3  
    There is no such menu.
    I saw how to change the default a while ago on one of the forums here. Try doing a search on default calendar view.

G
  5.    #6  
    hannip,

I tried your method, using the parameters for the shortcuts and all it did was break the shortcuts. It didn't work at all. Maybe I'm being thick or something, but I've used WM since it was WINce, so I know how to make and modify shortcuts.
    This is what I have for the target string in my calendar.lnk shortcut and it works fine on my 750.

:MSPoutlook calendar -vy?outres.dll,-10002

That's for the year view. I used Resco's file propertes to set it.
    This worked great for me, but I mistakenly changed the target of my Calculator instead of the Calendar. Can you or anyone else, give me the target for the calculator.ink? I have two calendars now and no calculator!
    Palm m100 => Palm 515 => BB 7290 => BB 7100g => Treo 650 => BB 8700c => Nokia E62 (for 10 days) => Treo 750 => :Treo 750 with WM6:AT&T Tilt (for 20 days)=>BJII=>Treo 750 WM6=>Treo Pro WM 6.1(for sale)=>Treo 750 WM6 'til a GSM Pre comes up!
    The target for calculator.lnk is
    :MSCALC
    Thanks so much hannip! You are a real life saver!
    Palm m100 => Palm 515 => BB 7290 => BB 7100g => Treo 650 => BB 8700c => Nokia E62 (for 10 days) => Treo 750 => :Treo 750 with WM6:AT&T Tilt (for 20 days)=>BJII=>Treo 750 WM6=>Treo Pro WM 6.1(for sale)=>Treo 750 WM6 'til a GSM Pre comes up!
    Ok, I screwed something up. I followd the directions, went to \Windows\Start Menu\ and pressed and held on the Calendar.Ink folder and selected properties. Then clicked on the Shortcut tab and in the target field entered

:MSPoutlook calendar -vy?outres.dll,-10002

Now, when I click on Start and the drop down menu comes up, the icon is some weird image, and the calander does not work.

Can someone please tell me what I did wrong and tell me what I need to do, in detail. Also can someone please supply me with the original default settings that were originally in the target field. I'm going to be just a little po'd if I have to do a frickin hard reset and reinstall everything again. Thanks for any help you may have.
  11.    #12  
    I finally got this to work. Thanks, hannip. It's what I was looking for.
    Some tips: First, you NEED Resco Explorer 2007. For some reason, other File Managers (and Resco 2005) do not identify the correct shortcut target. I couldn't use Total Commander or the built-in file manager either. Second, make sure you only have a space between the end of "calendar" and the dash.
    Thanks jimmybob, I too was using Total Commander and could not get it to work. By the way, I used Resco 2005 and it worked just fine for me. On a side note, does anyone have the original setting that belongs in the target field?
  13.    #14  
    The original was:
    :MScalendar?outres.dll,-10002
    hmmm. I could have sworn there was a .exe in there. I always write a setting down before I change it but I clicked on the folder (or maybe it was file) button and it deleted the field.
    There was no .exe in the original shortcut. But in windows, it doesn't matter, the exe is implied by the shortcut.
    My Treo has been acting weird after I changed my calender shortcut for monthly view. When I press the green phone button, instead of loading my call log or process a call, I get my SMS inbox. I have to soft reset my device to fix it. Has anyone experienced this ?
    no problems here, I did the edit about a month ago.