1. REC
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    The other day I looked down at my 750 and noticed a crack by the left soft key. The phone has never been dropped or abused in any fashion and is only 2 1/2 months old. I called cingular and they told me that it had to be physical damage and that they were not able to replace it.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so were you able to get it resolved and by what method?

Thanks in advance...
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I have had this 750 for over 3 months now and don't have any cracks that I can see. Can you take a picture of it? I am curious to see what it looks like. Does it effect the soft key at all?
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
  3. REC
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Doesn't affect functionality at all. I will post a pic later today.
    This isn't apparently an issue just for the 750. My 680 has a hairline crack in the chromed part of the face (not the case) from the left edge of the green key. Not very noticable and doesn't seem to be getting worse. But it should have taken more than 6 months to accomplish that.
    I had the same exact thing happen to mine also in the exact same place. Cingular would not replace it for the same reason, I never dropped it and it was always in its case...Funny thing though shortly after that happened I started having all kinds of dropped calls.. that they could not fix so they replaced it because it must have been defective to casue the dropped calls..
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Same crack here on my treo 750. Only a few months old, never dropped. Do you have to go through Palm instead of Cingular for warranty?
  7. REC
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Here are links to the pics for those that were interested. I only include the other pics to show that there are no signs of abuse of the phone.

www.n-focus.net/treo/
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by REC View Post
    Here are links to the pics for those that were interested. I only include the other pics to show that there are no signs of abuse of the phone.

www.n-focus.net/treo/
    Wow, thats crazy. I cannot believe that this has happened to a few of you. I have dropped and sat on my treo and don't have any cracks. Now I keep checking for cracks everytime I pick up the phone.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    same crack here, just a tad higher. Also appeared without any obvious preceding trauma.
  10. REC
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dok_indo View Post
    same crack here, just a tad higher. Also appeared without any obvious preceding trauma.
    but yet, if you call Cingular or Palm about the issue, they have never heard of this and blame you for doing something to the phone.
    The crack on my 680 is in precisely the same location, but not as severe. Now I wonder if it will degrade over time. Oh well... perhaps by that time we'll have a Linux Treo? hahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by REC View Post
    but yet, if you call Cingular or Palm about the issue, they have never heard of this and blame you for doing something to the phone.
    uh huh... and the Foleo really did create an entirely new market for mobile devices. And the Palm 7xx series really is a series advance over the 6xx series... *sigh* Just keep dishing out the bullcrap, mobile companies, because there are a lot of lambs out there... baaah!
    Have Same Crack in Same Spot Next to Red Key. Had for less than 30 days in soft case. Any thoughts on best way to handle with Sprint?
    For Tech Legal or Cybercrime Help visit http://centrallaw.com
    OK now this is crazy I woke up today and found this crack. Also the silver coating on the down side of the d-pad is wearing off.

Regards
    graylion
    I've got the cracks next to the red and the green buttons. Weird timing too, I noticed them for the first time right before seeing this thread. Mine has been dropped a few times though.
    Not to keep humming the same tune, but my 750 is nowhere near as durable as my 650 was. My 650 traveled hundreds of thousands of miles with me, through hurricanes, etc, and still works perfectly. It's as it is "Deathproof" (sorry, Terrintino).

I put my 750 in my pocket ONCE and it looks like it was dropped out of a speeding car.
    Various phones + Pocket PC's + Treo 650 (that's been through hell and back) -->Treo 750w