Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I saw the other thread about the yahoo imap thing working, then not working, then working again, then not working, etc.

Heres my deal, I just broke my phone last week. Got a new one and now the yahoo to go mobile for wm5 is dead when i reinstalled it.

Question #1

Does anyone with the old yahoo to go wm5 application still have it working?

Question #2

with the Imap thing off and on all day, what is everyone doing to get their email throughout the day?

thanks.
    I just keep trying over & over again. Like Charlie Brown kicking at that football again & again, I too keep going at Yahoo every couple of hours. I have faith that things will work out.

Charlie B - out.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    do you have the old yahoo to go? and if so, does it still work?
    Quote Originally Posted by evperry View Post
    I saw the other thread about the yahoo imap thing working, then not working, then working again, then not working, etc.

Heres my deal, I just broke my phone last week. Got a new one and now the yahoo to go mobile for wm5 is dead when i reinstalled it.

Question #1

Does anyone with the old yahoo to go wm5 application still have it working?

Question #2

with the Imap thing off and on all day, what is everyone doing to get their email throughout the day?

thanks.
    I didn't use yahoo to go. I tried it twice and had all kinds of problems, including it creating a duplicate entry for anyone that had more than one email address.

With imap not working consistantly, I went back to POP access. You have to have a yahooPlus account to use it though which is about $25/year
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I do that that POP access. what program do you use to access? the mobile outlook?

Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    I didn't use yahoo to go. I tried it twice and had all kinds of problems, including it creating a duplicate entry for anyone that had more than one email address.

With imap not working consistantly, I went back to POP access. You have to have a yahooPlus account to use it though which is about $25/year
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    works perfect.

whats the difference between the imap and the pop? what are the advantages of the imap?
    whats the difference between the imap and the pop? what are the advantages of the imap?
    IMAP also syncs your online folders (or the ones you select anyway). You can select a time frame for each folder to keep synced as well. That's the only difference as far as I know/understand. Both poll to check email/neither is pushed to your device.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    I do that that POP access. what program do you use to access? the mobile outlook?
    Yes. You can add accounts through the outlook program on your treo.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    maybe its because i have a wx, but my pop with yahoo doesnt work properly either.

is there any specific setting that must be set to work with yahoo?

thanks/

Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    Yes. You can add accounts through the outlook program on your treo.
    Yahoo IMAP still works for me using my carrier's SMTP user ID/pw to send mail. I have a Yahooplus account so maybe that matters now.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    i dont get it....

what do you mena using your carriers smtp id? you dont use the yahoo smtp user id/pw? i also have yahoo plus and i cant get ANYTHING to work, the pop, the imap, the yahoo to go, nothing works. im so frustrated. i need my email.

Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    Yahoo IMAP still works for me using my carrier's SMTP user ID/pw to send mail. I have a Yahooplus account so maybe that matters now.
    i dont get it....

what do you mena using your carriers smtp id? you dont use the yahoo smtp user id/pw? i also have yahoo plus and i cant get ANYTHING to work, the pop, the imap, the yahoo to go, nothing works. im so frustrated. i need my email.

I'd delete the account on your treo and start from scratch. to use pop, you will need to select it from the drop down menus (defaults to imap) and then change the settings to pop.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com. Then follow the rest of the prompts/wizard for setup.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    got it. had to hard reset it and start over.

thanks!
    i dont get it....

The incoming definitions provided in this thread works fine for me. The outgoing (SMTP) definitions in this thread may work but are not as reliable for me as using my carrier's SMTP server as follows:
    • Email Setup (4/4) - Outgoing mail: your carrier's SMTP server.
      (For me it is smtp.vzwmail.net since I am on VZW.)
    • Press the "Options" button
    • Options (2/3) - check "Outgoing mail requires authentication" and "Use separate settings"
    • Press the "Outgoing Settings" button
    • Put in your user name and password and check the "save password" box
      (for me it is my phonenumber@vzwmail.net)
    • Press the next buttons and ok to finish the definition.
    I am using normal Yahoo mail but followed the Imap directions as was outlined and It worked first time and works fine for me with no issues...

Works much better then when I access my hotmail account...

Now is there a way to access hotmail with pop or imap?

I want to migrate all my messages to my PC so I have a "hard copy" of the messages...
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    does the imap work for everyone now?

I got the pop to work but the imap deal is way better.
    IMAP back to working again. woo-hoo.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    hows the imap working for everyone?
    Maybe I'm imagining it, but I haven't had a problem on the wx since I got it about a week ago.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    fantastic.

I'm gonna try again right now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast