Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Hmmm, I've been using Yahoo & IMAP for a while. It has quit on me the past 2 days. Anyone else?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I can't get it to work at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotys View Post
    Hmmm, I've been using Yahoo & IMAP for a while. It has quit on me the past 2 days. Anyone else?
    I just deleted and rienstalled
    Yes, it's been working for me for at least a week, maybe 2 or so.

This only works from your phone on the AT&T network via EDGE or 3G, it will not work via Wifi/bluetooth or from your PC on broadband. At least that has been my experience so far. From a PC broadband connection you receive a login failure. Even that same PC tethered over my AT&T connection it logs in fine and works, but once I go back to broadband I get my login denied.
    Since This is the Treo 700w/wx forum, I apparently it's also working on Verizon (possibly Sprint too?)

It worked for a while in June, then stopped. Now it's working again and has so for about 2 weeks now.

Settings:
    Account Type:IMAP4
    IMAP: imap.mail.yahoo.com
    SMTP: smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com or smtp.mail.yahoo.com (I don't know the difference.)

For desktop Yahoo IMAP access, I found izymail to be working fairly well these days:
    http://www.izymail.com/ Basically acts as an intermediary to the Yahoo IMAP servers since Yahoo hasn't opened them up to us yet.

Also, Seven mail beta http://preview.seven.com/ will get you IMAP trhough their servers, and it's true push. It works very well. It's free, but it's beta so it goes down from time to time for short periods.
    Last edited by taylorh; 07/26/2007 at 12:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Mine's now up and down. I didn't make any changes and it works part of the day and then not. I'm running a Treo 700wx on Sprint. I saw one post from an iPhone user saying no Yahoo support for IMAP.

I received mail earlier this morning, now its a no-go.
    When you say not working, are you getting a log-in failure, or are you not even able to connect to the server?
    Clearly there's a difference in success based on carrier.
    I'm on AT&T, Treo 750 and it's still working flawlessly for me just as it has for about 2 weeks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12