Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i saw these, installed them, and thought i would share. kinda cool. and free.

iContact is the scrolling contact screen. not a cab. it's a file you put on your phone and then give it a screen tap to run. could easily be maped to a button for easy access. http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...tact-v0-2.html

the slide to unlock is a cab file. it put a folder in your start/programs folder. just tap to lock. could be customized for easy or automatic access as well. http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...ock-v1-14.html

there is also another contact thing that i haven't tried yet that is suppost to be better. haven't tried yet. http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...ct-v1-1-0.html

kind of a novelty items. it will be nice when your iphone buddy starts showing off there phone and says can your phone do this....
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    kind of a novelty items. it will be nice when your iphone buddy starts showing off there phone and says can your phone do this....
    Yeah, once of the differences being that iPhone users will be doing on their beautiful 5 inch screens and Treo users have pathetic 240 x 240 2.8 inch square screens.

This should go in the software forum since all WM users can try these out.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  3.    #3  
    update #1 you will get filcker when you wake your phone using slide to lock if your treo auto-keyguard is on. i use to have mine set to auto-keyguard 30 seconds afert power off. i just disabled it. (settings/keyguard for those who dont remember where it's at. lol)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Yeah, once of the differences being that iPhone users will be doing on their beautiful 5 inch screens and Treo users have pathetic 240 x 240 2.8 inch square screens.

good point on the move jgold. since i cant do it, we'll have to wait for a mod. lol.

i figure more people will see it in two days here than weeks in the software secition. lol. sad, but true. i hear about plenty of soft ware here... never fo to the software section.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    thanks for posting it here, it's the only subforum i visit.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    So am I suppose to put the ilock in the startup folder so that it will run as soon as the treo is powered on even if I have to soft reset?
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    So...what do these apps do, besides make your phone more like the POS (and I don't mean Palm OS) Apple iPhone?

Seems like the power button is easier to press than doing that slide to lock thing, and seems like the contacts were already scrollable.
    Yes, however, Treo users will be emailing, surfing, listening to MP3s, watching video, IM'ing, etc, but with ONE HAND.

you mean 3.5in screen. BTW htc has some phones with that same screen size.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    you mean 3.5in screen. BTW htc has some phones with that same screen size.
    1. Yes, my mistake 3.5.
    2. We're not talking about other HTC device, we're talking about the 240 x 240, square screen Treos.

Yes, however, Treo users will be emailing, surfing, listening to MP3s, watching video, IM'ing, etc, but with ONE HAND.
    Strange, I didn't know you couldn't touch the screen with one hand? Given the dimensions of the iPhone, it looks to be very one handed-friendly.

IM'ing, etc
    I don't too many people (or anyone for that matter) that does IM single handedly (on a Treo or even a Blackberry).
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Slide 2 unlock seems to have an issue. I find myself having to hit the power button 2 to 3 times before the screen powers up. It does not do this with this particular program installed.

Also, the Slide 2 unlock screen incorrectly shows my unit is in Flight Mode when, in fact, it is not.

Pretty piece of software, but needs more work.
    Last edited by gojeda; 06/19/2007 at 07:58 AM. Reason: added second remark
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Slide 2 unlock seems to have an issue. I find myself having to hit the power button 2 to 3 times before the screen powers up. It does not do this with this particular program installed.
    I found this myself. I really like the program but can't stand the fact that it sometimes takes longer for my treo to turn back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post

Also, the Slide 2 unlock screen incorrectly shows my unit is in Flight Mode when, in fact, it is not.

Pretty piece of software, but needs more work.
    I have to agree there. It also has a pretty hefty memory footprint (for an app like this). I can see having it for a little while, but unless it is refined a bit, I will probably uninstall it for the memory. Plus, I notice that it only comes on when the screen shuts down by itself, not if you hit the end button. (I kinda like that though)!!!

All around, these are pretty cool apps!!! (I love the contact slider)

Thanks
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    I found this myself. I really like the program but can't stand the fact that it sometimes takes longer for my treo to turn back on.
    iContact is kind of useless as well. Doesn't scroll that easily. Often misinterperts finger movements (example - opens up a contact when you meant to scroll instead). Not sure if it is a limitation of Treo's digitizer, screen real estate, or if it is an issue with the program itself.

I hope they continue to develop though. Both programs do show promise.
    Slide to Unlock is very nice indeed. Yes, it has some minor issues and takes up more memory than it should, but it really fills a niche for a nice screen-locker that works well if you happen to like listening to MP3s with your Treo.

I leave it in the background all the time so it loads faster (I have enough program memory in my Treo 700WX to get away with that).

It provides its basic function better than any other screen-locker I have tried - and I tried them all, I think.

The slide-to-unlock function can be configured to operate with the 5-way controller rather than a finger or stylus, preserving easy one-hand use of the Treo.

I have it set up to show me the next appointment, which is very handy, and I find the top status line to be accurate for me (It show signal strength, carrier, speaker on (kind of useless for a Treo as we have a hardware switch) and battery charge status.

Frankly, I could do without all of the "bells and whistles" and have only the slide-to-unlock part and then it would likely be more responsive with a lighter footprint.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Where are you all configuring this? I don't seem to be able to figure out how to configure this program.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Where are you all configuring this? I don't seem to be able to figure out how to configure this program.
    He did not make it easy.

You have to look at the included "readme" file, which I did by e-mailing it to myself so that I could look at it on the desktop where it is easier to read and I could print it for true ease of use.

You then have to edit the registry per the programmer's instructions to configure it.

This is an area that could be improved. It's not user-friendly at all for configuration, but it's really not very hard if you have any sort of registry editor.

If it was me, I'd make the code much more light-weight and I;d program teh user interfact as a seperate stand-alone utility to keep the running code ata a minimum.

For easy reference, here is the configuration information for "Slide-to-Lock:"

Quote Originally Posted by readme
    How to use/install:
    ==================
    1. A simple 1 step INSTALLATION is necessary - use the CAB file to install.
    2. After installation, there are 2 shortcuts created under \Program Files\Slide2Unlock:
    iLock.lnk - start/stop ilock.exe (on the 1st run, it runs silently in the background; on the 2nd run, it closes iLock & SLIDE)
    Slide2Unlock.lnk - manually start SLIDE (be sure iLock is running in the background, otherwise the Battery status will not be updated)
    3. A shortcut for iLock.exe is created automatically under "\Windows\StartUp" as well.
    4. Everytime you change the settings in the registry, please restart iLock.exe to reload the changes. HOW? Run the iLock the second time, it will close itself & the SLIDE. Then run it again to stay in the background.
    5. To UNINSTALL, use the "Remove Programs" under Settings.
    6. Installation on Storage Card is not supported (for the sake of stability).
    7. For Smartphone users, you can unlock by pressing the D-Pad when "DpadOn" is set to 1.

iLock config (in the Registry under \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\A_C\Slide2Unlock):
    =================================================================================
    1. the Date & Time format can be customized by changing the keys DateFormat & TimeFormat:
    Date:
    d Day of month as digits with no leading zero for single-digit days.
    dd Day of month as digits with leading zero for single-digit days.
    ddd Day of week as a three-letter abbreviation.
    dddd Day of week as its full name.
    M Month as digits with no leading zero for single-digit months.
    MM Month as digits with leading zero for single-digit months.
    MMM Month as a three-letter abbreviation.
    MMMM Month as its full name.
    y Year as last two digits, but with no leading zero for years less than 10.
    yy Year as last two digits, but with leading zero for years less than 10.
    yyyy Year represented by full four or five digits, depending on the calendar used. Thai Buddhist and Korean calendars both have five digit years. The "yyyy" pattern will show five digits for these two calendars, and four digits for all other supported calendars.
    yyyyy Identical to "yyyy".

For example, to get the date displays "Wed, Aug 31 94"
    set DateFormat to ddd',' MMM dd yy

Time:
    h Hours with no leading zero for single-digit hours; 12-hour clock.
    hh Hours with leading zero for single-digit hours; 12-hour clock.
    H Hours with no leading zero for single-digit hours; 24-hour clock.
    HH Hours with leading zero for single-digit hours; 24-hour clock.
    m Minutes with no leading zero for single-digit minutes.
    mm Minutes with leading zero for single-digit minutes.
    s Seconds with no leading zero for single-digit seconds.
    ss Seconds with leading zero for single-digit seconds.
    t One character time marker string, such as A or P.
    tt Multicharacter time marker string, such as AM or PM.

For example, to get the time displays "11:29:40 PM"
    set TimeFormat to hh':'mm':'ss tt

Non-english devices may still have some problems for the format of the date/time, please use the most basic date/time format like:
    DateFormat set to d'/'M'/'yyyy
    TimeFormat set to H':'mm

If you do not want to have date/time display, just leave them blank.

2. After the unlock action, SLIDE.EXE can be sent to background if:
    CloseApp is 0
    It'll further speed up the loading time of the next execution, but it'll eat up the memory (5MB). If you want it simply exits as version 1, set:
    CloseApp to 1

3. The speed of the button can be configured by setting:
    Speed to n (where n is 1, the slowest to 5, the fastest)

4. If your device has a VGA screen, to have better fit font, please set:
    VGAfix to 1

5. Load the .bmp, .jpg or .png file you want; make sure to include the full path of the file
    Wallpaper set to "the full path of the file that will be used at Portrait mode"
    WallpaperLandscape set to "the full path of the file that will be used at Landscape mode"

6. If you want to "auto start" SLIDE.EXE when the device is woke up, set:
    Autostart to 1 (0 to disable)

7. To turn off the LCD by SLIDE.EXE, you may specify:
    OffLCD to n (after n seconds idle, the screen will be off; minimum is 5 seconds; 0 to disable)

8. When the OffLCD is enabled, you may specify whether the device is suspended or remain active but with LCD turned off:
    BlankScreen set to 0 or 1 (0 to suspend the device; 1 to turn off the LCD only)

9. For WM5 device (or device with the capability to turn off the backlight), you may set SLIDE to start automatically when the device's backlight is turned off by:
    IdleStart set to 1 (0 to disable)

10. Similar to IdleStart, ACIdleStart has the same function when the device is charging: (works on WM5 or 6 only)
    ACIdleStart set to 1 (0 to disable)

11. Similar to OffLCD, ACOffLCD has the same function when the device is charging:
    ACOffLCD to n (after n seconds idle, the screen will be off; minimum is 5 seconds; 0 to disable)

12. Similar to BlankScreen, ACBlankScreen has the same function when the device is charging:
    ACBlankScreen set to 0 to suspend the device; or 1 to turn off the LCD only

13. If you want to install SLIDE to other folders or the storage card, please update the key:
    Slide2UnlockPath to "the new full path"

14. To show your next Appointment information, set the key: (works on WM5 or 6 only)
    ShowAppointment to 1 (0 to disable)

15. To change the format of Appointment's time, change the key: (works on WM5 or 6 only)
    AppointmentTimeFormat (use the same syntax as TimeFormat)

16. To enable D-Pad input, set the key:
    DpadOn to 1 (0 to disable)

17. If you have installed Spb Weather as well, the current day's weather can be shown by set the key:
    ShowSpbWeather to 1 (0 to disable)

17. The default values are added on the first run of iLock:
    DateFormat=dddd', 'd MMMM
    TimeFormat=H':'mm
    CloseApp=0
    Speed=3
    VGAfix=0
    Wallpaper="\Program Files\Slide2Unlock\GFX\Res\wallpaper.bmp"
    WallpaperLandscape="\Program Files\Slide2Unlock\GFX\Res\wallpaperL.bmp"
    Slide2UnlockPath="\Program Files\Slide2Unlock"
    Autostart=1
    OffLCD=0
    BlankScreen=0
    IdleStart=1
    ACIdleStart=0
    ACOffLCD=0
    ACBlankScreen=0
    ShowAppointment=0
    AppointmentTimeFormat=h':'mmt
    DpadOn=0
    ShowSpbWeather=0
    I think I foudn the "Flight Mode" error. It seems that anytime the phone is turned off, the program gets confused and will only show "Flight Mode" until a reset. A significant bug.
    Last edited by westronic; 06/19/2007 at 10:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Thanks West.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast