1.    #1  
    Just moved from a Treo 650 to a Treo 750... so far so good. A couple of questions I hope someone could answer. I've spend some time searching the forums, but haven't found the answers yet.

1) I transferred my SIM card from my 650 to my 750. I've read that I need a 3G SIM to use UTMS, however, I get the U symbol on the top bar, and get 300-400 kbs speeds using the dslreports speed test. I also average 250kbs using Slingplayer. This appears to be 3G. Do I need a 3G SIM?

2) When I check the box for Email under Menu, Preferences, Today Settings it shows my Hotmail Inbox on the Today screen. Can I configure this to show my Exchange Inbox, which is setup in Outlook E-Mail?

3) What is the single side button used for? Can I configure this as an app launcher? I miss my dual-mode hard buttons on the 650 to launch apps.

4) Is there a single hard key shortcut to get you back to the Today screen?

Thanks for the help!

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by RSchrader View Post
    Just moved from a Treo 650 to a Treo 750... so far so good. A couple of questions I hope someone could answer. I've spend some time searching the forums, but haven't found the answers yet.

1) I transferred my SIM card from my 650 to my 750. I've read that I need a 3G SIM to use UTMS, however, I get the U symbol on the top bar, and get 300-400 kbs speeds using the dslreports speed test. I also average 250kbs using Slingplayer. This appears to be 3G. Do I need a 3G SIM?

2) When I check the box for Email under Menu, Preferences, Today Settings it shows my Hotmail Inbox on the Today screen. Can I configure this to show my Exchange Inbox, which is setup in Outlook E-Mail?

3) What is the single side button used for? Can I configure this as an app launcher? I miss my dual-mode hard buttons on the 650 to launch apps.

Thanks for the help!

Rob
    1) if you experience any issues with calling and such on the UMTS network, the first step you should take is to get a 3G SIM.

2) Your exchange inbox will show on the today screen when you get new unread emails in that box

3) there's a hack somewhere on this forum to allow you to be able to assign that button to what you want, you'll just have to search for it

4) hit the red "end" key once
    Quote Originally Posted by RSchrader View Post

Thanks for the help!

Rob
    Hi Rob, Welcome to the Treo Windows Mobile world.

1) It appears that you are getting 3G speeds but next time you're at an AT&T store go ahead and ask for one. They're free and it wouldn't hurt anything.
    2) In order to get Exchange/Outlook email, you'll need to install Activesync (on the CD that came with your Treo or get the latest 4.5 from Microsoft's site.)
    3) You can reassign buttons on your Treo 750 without a "Hack". Just go to the "Buttons" icon (Start Menu/Settings/Personal) to make changes.
    4) When using the "End" key to go to back to the Today screen be careful not to hit it twice otherwise you'll turn off the screen.

Good Luck with your Treo 750.
  4. oo3
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I used a 2G card for a week and my Treo kept freezing when trying to run certain apps. Eventually it started freezing altogether everytime I booted up, so I got a 3G sim, and hard reset everything. I loaded all the same programs I had previously and my device stopped freezing.
    I recently got a Treo 750 and went last week to the Cingular store to exchange my SIM card for a 3G card. The girl was very nice but tried to charge me $24 for it. I was ready and had the little piece of paper that came with my 750 that said that the exchange was free. And I got the 3G card for free. So don't let them charge you because it is free.
    If you complain about dropped calls, they will generally give it to you for free. If you just walk in asking for the new SIM they will try to charge you.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer