1.    #1  
    ok, a few question.

1. with install.mscr. this seems to be a complete POST INSTALL.

is there a way or order to this install.mscr so that it will do someting before the cab starts installing files? kind of looking for a PRE install.

2. is this what is know as Pre XML? what is that and will it help me?

3. same goes for uninstall? this though seems to be a pre install. i would like this to be more like a post install.

here is what i am tring to do....

i have a cab that installs some scripts into a pre existing folder. some of the new scripts going into this folder are replacing files of the same name. what i would like to do is before the files are replaced with the new ones, is copy or move them to a safe place. i would like to keep these old files so that when and if the cab (program) is uninstall the old files could be replaced back into this folder.

this is actually a treo alert plugin version that i am working on. it will be an addon to the actually treo alert program. what this consists of other than the plugin is replacing the devices.ini. this original tells it to write to the carrier bar, but has been change to the plugin. this same version of plugin would work on all versions from 6.2 and up.

when and if someone uninstalled the plugin it also removes the files that were installed. this leves the treo alert folder without a device.ini.

this is where i would like to save the old copy and replace it back in the treo alert folder.

any ideas/help/

thanks, cody
    Leaving install in the current setup would be the best call.We could add what you seek into configuration menu.
    When you get to that menu there will be a tab that lets you set up carrier plugin or today full plugin.That way if you want to pull the TA plugin all the goodies are still there.just change your plugin choice preference.
    For instance,
    Let say you are a user that uses the lite version and you want to give the TA plugin a shot.download the full plugin go to the TA config menu then choose that setting.
    And going a step further you can set up another folder called TREO ALERT FULL to use for the plugin install with the mscr that will be needed for tap function.When you go into the TA menu then config menu and choose the full tab it will feed off that folder.You will not have to carry the extras that are already on board.This make it much more simple for the user as well.
  4.    #4  
    yes this new plugin style will not have the normal treo alert scripts with it. it will feed off of the regular treo alert version. when new version changes the plugin can stay the same.

update. what i had that worked with the 6.2 betas, 6.2 lite and 6.2 silver doesn't work with the 7.2. the exe it somehow different.

must keep working.
    Im sure.Dont overwork.It,s in the AC eVC write.
    It also can be as simple in the config full plugin choice to bypass sections of the treoset taking you to the mscr file that works within the full plugin/tap plugin pop up menu.You then work that into the main mscr files.
    Last edited by slingbox; 06/16/2007 at 06:27 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    It also can be as simple in the config full plugin choice to bypass sections of the treoset taking you to the mscr file that works within the full plugin/tap plugin pop up menu.You then work that into the main mscr files.

what?