Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Memory is getting to be a commodity and I was thinking about removing the excellent sms patch. Has any one does this or do I need to restore my device back to before installation?
    I would suggest against uninstalling that patch. Sprint/Palm released that because of the problems it caused the person receiving the SMS. They may receive tons of duplicate messages from you if you remove this.

Leave it and pick something else to uninstall.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3.    #3  
    my choices are limmited. Maybe the restore is the better bet.
    How much Storage space do you have left?

How about installing apps on an SD card?

Also delete some unnecessary IM's/emails, including the sent folders.

Also use a utility, like Memmaid, to clear out some stuff.
  5.    #5  
    OK, so I am moving every non today screen app over to the storage card. But, now, I cant launch the programs through their normal icons. Any suggestions?
    As far as I know, most Today plugins need to be in internal memory to function properly.

If I'm incorrect, someone will quickly jump in to point that out.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    OK, so I am moving every non today screen app over to the storage card. But, now, I cant launch the programs through their normal icons. Any suggestions?
    Open the shortcuts using a text editor (on the device or a PC) and you'll be able to edit their targets from (example):
    \Program Files\blah
    to
    \Storage Card\Program Files\blah
    It is better to not move apps over like that. You can do this easily with POS devices but not with WM because of shortcuts and registry entries. It is better to reinstall everything and direct it to Storage instead of the device.

It is too bad that you can't uninstall the SMS patch. The only way to get rid of it is a hard reset and reinstall everything one by one. I'm down to 10MB storage left with everything installed on a card that can be. There are just so many apps like the SMS patch that must be install to the device and with large dlls.
    in this latest install-fest of mine, i've taken to installing *everything* in internal. Tired of relying on the card which pops out, programs that disappear when you power off, not having apps when if I have to use the wifi card, etc.

Only way to accomplish this has been the use of UPX. Even Palm's Sms threader and several dlls that come with it can be significantly compressed.
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    UPX is a great app, and a must IMHO. I use it for both of my devices.
  11.    #11  
    Wow, just discovered "recycled" folder. Hahahah, hello 11 MB of found memory!!!
    That explains it...I was wondering where all your memory was being used. Good work
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    That explains it...I was wondering where all your memory was being used. Good work
    I was playing around with Memaid. I had been using it for quick clean and reclaiming ram. Then I found a few more options. What a great little program.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    Wow, just discovered "recycled" folder. Hahahah, hello 11 MB of found memory!!!
    Where is the recycled folder located?
    The recycled folder is listed as ~Recycled and is listed on your device's onboard memory "My Device". You can access it using the File Explorer or any other file explorer (ie Resco).
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    Where is the recycled folder located?
    I cant find it using the built in file explorer. But if you use resco explorer it is listed in Windows.

Not in windows at all, my mistake.
  17.    #17  
    The recycled folder is listed as ~Recycled and is listed on your device's onboard memory "My Device". You can access it using the File Explorer or any other file explorer (ie Resco).
    Yup, there it is. Under "my device".
    Another good tweak if you run MemMaid is the IE Cache size adjuster. You can get to it under the Jump To-> Memory-> Memory Tweak. I leave mine at 2048kb (2mb) and leave it on the main memory as some have issues when its on SD card.
  19.    #19  
    Another good tweak if you run MemMaid is the IE Cache size adjuster. You can get to it under the Jump To-> Memory-> Memory Tweak. I leave mine at 2048kb (2mb) and leave it on the main memory as some have issues when its on SD card.
    What exactly does that do?
  20.    #20  
    How about under documents and settings. There, in the utility folder, are the cabs for 1) hidelogo 2) sms patch and 3) date time.

Can these be deleted?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast