Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Just tried it (again) and the attitude is still there - the software, not so much.

I still wonder what the value proposistion is for this software if you already use Activesync with Exchange? Is it merely IMAP support?

They had a Today plug-in they promptly pulled because it was too buggy. Perhaps that will get me what I want (chatter for WM is what I really want).

For now these guys are arrogant and have been pimping alpha software for over a year as production ready software and the fact that it now beta software doesn't make the software anymore valuable to me....not valuable enough to spend real money on it.
    What didnt you like about the software this time around?

I will tell you what I like about it. Imap IDLE is the main reason I run it. Frankly my experience with activesync with exchange sucks. I tried multiple providers, and their level of service was atrocious and costs were high. I have a good Imap Idle push account for $20/year, and its performance blows away the activesync solutions imo. That is where flexmail comes in. I ditched it in the past because it was buggy. FM2007 Rev 2 (came out in Feb/Mar) fixed most of the problems, so i switched back to it. I am going to stop defending the product now, cause I am starting to sound fanboyish but its the best solution for my needs. its not perfect aka non root folder notifications, and I would like to see the html emails able to be passed to PIE (much like chatter), but for me it works great
    I tried it and hated it, then IMAP idle push was added, and I tried it again 2 months ago. Absolutely loved it, I hav no subfolders that I deal with so I was getting all of my notifications, and the PUSH speed was equal to chatter. HTML email was a plus too, but I chose not to spend the money on it just so my AOL account can be pushed to me (my work acct is exchange, so this account was just for fun).

No one is ever wrong for complaining about a product, and warning others of their experience. But no one should EVER tell someone not to try one, trials are free and easily removed if is not liked. Why scare off someone who could potentially love flexmail, especially those chatter users that miss it dearly..
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    What didnt you like about the software this time around?

I will tell you what I like about it. Imap IDLE is the main reason I run it. Frankly my experience with activesync with exchange sucks. I tried multiple providers, and their level of service was atrocious and costs were high. I have a good Imap Idle push account for $20/year, and its performance blows away the activesync solutions imo. That is where flexmail comes in. I ditched it in the past because it was buggy. FM2007 Rev 2 (came out in Feb/Mar) fixed most of the problems, so i switched back to it. I am going to stop defending the product now, cause I am starting to sound fanboyish but its the best solution for my needs. its not perfect aka non root folder notifications, and I would like to see the html emails able to be passed to PIE (much like chatter), but for me it works great
    I am glad it works for you. I really haven't had an issue with Activesync, albeit it may be slower than IMAP - I really haven't compared. Up until now I used Chatter and IMAP and just loved it. I travel a lot and really needed UMTS so I switched to WM5 and have longed for Chatter to be ported or FM2007 to come close....and it simply hasn't.

My biggest complaints are:

- I have multiple emails accounts and hate navigating through the message folder tree to check each Inbox. I use SPB Diary now as a simple workaround and can at least see and nav one-handed all of my accounts. If SPB Diary is now working with FM, perhaps I'll give it a try again. But I didn't think it was working yet.

- I want to have multiple SMTP accounts so that I can send email from each of my email accounts instead of having to only send from one. I am stuck with that limitation now with Outlook, but again, if FM can do this I'd try it again. I think I read someone request this on the FM forum...maybe it is there now and working...dunno.

- Reliable use of my SD card for my mailboxes.

Maybe the Today plug-in, if its ever re-released, will make FM wirth trying again. For now I don't encourage someone NOT to try it and certainly don't mean to ridicule those that see value in it. Glad to hear it's making its way out of beta after selling it all this time as production software.
    the only complaint I have is that once in a while flexmail will "not connect" to the internet although I have it enabled and on all the times. But otherwise, its a great program.
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12