1.    #1  
    I have a situation lately where my Treo will not recognize my SD card at times, and I have a folder or two that I can't delete, and if I even try to look at them, freeze the device.

My question is.....is my SD card going south or corrupted, or is the Treo going bad on me?

I really hope it is the card (eventhough it will still take forever to recover fully, at least all the apps/changes on the phone will be there)!!!

I look forward to any opinions, or even possible ideas as to cures!!!

Thanks!!
    First, I would suggest that you put the SD card in your computer and back up everything on it. This is a good idea regardless if you are having issues or not.

Once you have done that, let your PC run a scan on it to ensure it can't find any errors. If it does, let it correct them. Since you will already have a backup, it won't be an issue if the checkdisk deletes some files.

You might also consider trying a different SD card in your Treo if the checkdisk finds no issues. This will allow you to determine if its your Treo or the old SD card.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3.    #3  
    A couple good suggestions I will put to task tonight. My PC's SD slot won't handle over a gig card (mine is 2) so I may need to stop off and purchase one tonight. I have always used the Treo as a reader!!!!
    Yeah its most likely the card, not the phone. Sometimes card data gets corrupted when the device goes to sleep in the middle of a read/write operation. As strohs said, copy the data to your PC, reformat the card (I prefer this over checking for errors, just to be safe) then re-copy the data over. Might takje a few with a slow reader, but its worth it
    Pattycerts has a good idea with the format. I would suggest that too, but make sure you do a full format and not just a quick format. I would also suggest that you format a 2GB card as FAT with 32k clusters for the best speed and compatibility. From a command line, you can accomplish this by typing the command below where "w" is the drive letter for your SD card.

format w: /FS:FAT /A:32K
  6.    #6  
    You guys are great, all good suggestions, That I will try out!! I will let you know how it turns out tonight!!
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Pattycerts has a good idea with the format. I would suggest that too, but make sure you do a full format and not just a quick format. I would also suggest that you format a 2GB card as FAT with 32k clusters for the best speed and compatibility. From a command line, you can accomplish this by typing the command below where "w" is the drive letter for your SD card.

format w: /FS:FAT /A:32K
    Hey stroths, a quick question please. Why FAT and not FAT32? Just curious. Thanks.
    FAT is more compatible and seems to run faster and with less issues on cards 2GB or less. Once you go over 2GB, you must use FAT32.
    Had the same issue. After pain staking hours the problem was my 2G card was totally corrupt. It also would freeze up my PC. Bought a new card and everything is perfect again.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  10.    #10  
    Same here...the card was totally corrupt...even reformatting wouldn't work, the PC would freeze too fast for the format to work!!!