1.    #1  
    Would someone who has successfully gotten the battery icon to go away in favor of the speaker icon please explain EXACTLY how you've done it? Using small words.

I cannot get it to work. For a little while, I got the speaker icon briefly after a reset and then back to the battery icon, and now I cannot get even that. I have placed both the BatteryIndicator exe and dll in the Windows folder.

I am not sure what is going wrong - it seems so straightforward, and yet it does not work.

Please do not link me to other discussions - I think I've read them all but it still does not work.

Thanks for your help.
  2.    #2  
    Never Mind. It started working.

I cannot explain it. I did multiple rests with no results, but the last one got it working - despite doing nothing between the last couple of resets.

Go figure.

Just another Windows oddity.
  3.    #3  
    Drat! I just soft reset again and the battery icon is back. What is going on here?!?

Edit: Actually what I have is the speaker icon and first, then the battery icon.
    Last edited by westronic; 06/15/2007 at 12:49 PM.
  4.    #4  
    For those who might help me troublehsoot this, the following programs and services are running at startup:

Progams:

spbservices (for spb Pocket Plus)
    poutlook
    voicecmd
    MyVibe (a simple Morscript)
    ScreenOffFix (a simple Morscript)
    Treo Alerts Pro 6.2 Full (Mortscript (+))
    AEB Button Plus
    Magic Keyboard Light

Services

SbdTime
    PocketPlus
    CarKitAcci
    credsvc
    NOTIFY
    LASSD
    OBEX
    DTPTSNApi
    BTAGSVC
    Trusted
    BTHIDSVC
    VolServ
    AltKeys
    KGUServ
  5.    #5  
    Still need help. Am I the only one for whom this does not work properly??
    Last I heard, it is part of the Palm customizations. It cannot be overwritten, like the left soft key. The volume buttons in combination with the top switch can get you what you want just as fast.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    Last I heard, it is part of the Palm customizations. It cannot be overwritten, like the left soft key. The volume buttons in combination with the top switch can get you what you want just as fast.

Well, no, the buttons do not get me what I want as I have remapped the volume buttons to provide some useful features and have another battery meter that I use.

I really, really need to be able to get to the volume control somehow, even if not through the speaker icon in thr taskbar.
  8.    #8  
    I still cannot get this working correctly.

If all third-party stuff is removed, it works (a partial restore after a hard reset proved that).

If all start-up programs are bypassed it still does not work.

Sometimes (randomly) it works properly after a soft reset.

Most frustrating. I assume by the lack of response that no one else has this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    I assume by the lack of response that no one else has this issue?
    more likely not many of us have tried it (myself included)...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter