1.    #1  
    I got Resco to download on my phone finally...now the problem i have is that it looks different than the Resco that i see in Cody's thread about the Threaded SMS application...there isn't an option tab in the same place as i see his...also, i've looked through every tab and i can't find the browser tab either....any help would be appreciated, as i really want this threaded sms on my treo...TIA
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Oh come on... at least look around a little. First since this is related to installed the Threaded SMS app you should have posted it there and not create a new thread.

Secondly, when cody posted the instructions Resco 2007 was not out yet, so those screenshots are from Resco 2005. But if you used your eyes a little you would see that when you click Menu, the Options are on that first pop-up menu instead of within the File sub-menu. Also, the Browser tab changed a little, there's no Show All Files option anymore, just make sure there no boxes check-marked next to any of the Hide options.

I don't mean to be rude... but come on...
    I too discovered that the display was a little different but you're still able to follow along and get the sms app installed. Awesome app!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    Oh come on... at least look around a little. First since this is related to installed the Threaded SMS app you should have posted it there and not create a new thread.

Secondly, when cody posted the instructions Resco 2007 was not out yet, so those screenshots are from Resco 2005. But if you used your eyes a little you would see that when you click Menu, the Options are on that first pop-up menu instead of within the File sub-menu. Also, the Browser tab changed a little, there's no Show All Files option anymore, just make sure there no boxes check-marked next to any of the Hide options.

I don't mean to be rude... but come on...

you know, i did search around a little bit, couldn't find anything related...i posted over there and no one responds...that thread has like 40 pages worth of crap to sort through...i went through close to half...so i figured that i would post here and someone would respond...and i got that, albeit with a little rudeness....
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    As a matter of fact my post was in no way rude. I did not insult you, I did not tell you off, etc.

Although it frustrated me that you were not able to see that Options was now a standalone pop-up menu (which is just a couple of selections below the selection from the original instructions), I still provided step-by-step directions on how to achieve the result, and answered the question.

Frustrated that some users don't even look for the answers when they are in front of their eyes? Yes.

Rude? I doubt anyone here will tell me I'm rude since most, if not all, of my posts have useful content and provide assistance to other users.

Anyway, time to move on. Just wanted to express that I did not agree with my answer being categorized as rude. Trust me, I have seen far worse responses providing no help whatsoever.
  6.    #6  
    well, let me retract my statement about it being rude...that it was not...it could've been done with a little more tact i should say...and yes, i did see the options menu there but per the prior instructions it said there was a browser button there and it wasn't....but after some careful looking around on there i saw it and the install went flawlessly from there....so i thank you Pibe38, bc without you i woulnd't have gotten this to work...