Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Hello All,
    I have scoured this site to see if any one else has experienced this issue.
    For no particular reason the buttons on my 750-C seem to remap themselves.
    Push the start key and the camera engages. Push the OK key once, not hold it down, and the memory app starts. The remaping is not always the same as diiferent apps can be triggered by the same button.
    A soft reset corrects the problem
    I've posted this issue before and never got anywhere.
    I'm wondering if my unit is just flaky and it's time I called Cingular and got a replacement. I've always hated to do that since all you get is a referbed unit.
    The only 3rd party apps I am runing are Secret and DictMgr.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior?
    Any suggestions on what's going on?
    Would waiting for WM6 and dealing with the soft reset fix for now be the way to go?
    I usually like to keep my original phone. Kinda like a new car/used car, at least you know how it's been treated.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Just a push.
    111 views and no one experiencing anything similar?
    Probably time for a new phone.
    I wonder if going through the trouble of a hard reset would be worth it?
    If it continues to happen, then it's gotta be the software you are running. You say a soft reset cures the problem. Things on WM5 don't happen for no reason at all. Something is causing your buttons to be remapped. Do you notice the behavior change after you use the abovementioned applications?

Worse comes to worse, you can always do a hard reset.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Thanks JGold, I appreciate your response. I frequently use TreoCentral and your posts are always very useful.
    I have been running Secret on my 600 for so long I never really suspected it.
    Since WM5 is quite different from the Palm OS it may be causing the issue as you suggest. I don't access the program very often, given it's nature and purpose. I will pay more attention to when my buttons freak out and my use of Secret to see if thta's the cause. I had this issue prior to my install of DictMgr.
    Do you or anyone else have a PW 128bit encryption program you can suggest as a replacement to Secret? I will need to port over the Secret data since there is quite a bit and would be a pain to re-enter it all.
    No problem.

As for a "Secret" replacement, you can take a look at the following apps:

Codewallet Pro
    http://www.developerone.com/codewalletpro/mobile.htm

Flexwallet
    http://webis.net/products_info.php?p_id=wallet

There are more. Do a google on wallet programs for WM5 and you should find quite a bit more.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)