1.    #1  
    I hope that someone can help me with this problem. I have searched numerous forums and this does not seem to be a reported problem. While talking on the phone is gets so hot that I have to hold it away from my face. After about a 25 minute conversation, the caller can no longer hear me, then the phone disconnects....Any solutions would be greatly appreciated!!
    similar situation here. when im charging the phone and on it for a longer conversation, say over an hour, the phone gets really hot and then a message pops up that the charging function will be disabled until the phone cools down and it stops charging. Never seen this on a phone before ever
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23 View Post
    similar situation here. when im charging the phone and on it for a longer conversation, say over an hour, the phone gets really hot and then a message pops up that the charging function will be disabled until the phone cools down and it stops charging. Never seen this on a phone before ever
    I had this happen to me the other day, but it was while I was charging the battery too.

I had it on my dash mount and was talking with my bluetooth headset and was charging with my car charger.

I thought it was because it was up on my dash in the sunlight...that might have contributed to it.

I rarely talk on the phone while its charging, so I don't know.
    I have never received a message that the charging feature was disabled...but I have had the backlight automagically lower itself to one notch above off in 2 different situations when it gets hot.

Scenario 1 involves the phone in my pocket against my body streaming internet radio through the standard wired headset. The screen is off using VJDeviceLock. The phone gets noticably warm, not quite uncomfortable, but warm. After a prolonged period of time, when I get the phone back out and turn the screen back on, it will be very dim. The phone is running off battery in this situation. This has happened many times.

Scenario 2 is when I get home and I have just plugged my phone in after the day and then I get involved in a 2-3 hour conversation. I use my wired headset for this also so the phone is sitting on a hard desk. After the conversation, it will be very hot and the screen will be dimmed to one above off, but the call does not drop and the phone still works fine. The phone is charging during these conversations. I have not received any type of message about the charger being disabled, but I also haven't confirmed that the phone is actively charging during the entire conversation (I can't imagine it would charge very fast anyways). This has happened many times also.

When the screen dims I press option+p to bring up the brigntness menu and turn it back up to a normal setting.

Though it is a much nicer form factor than the 6700 or the Q, I still find it uncomfortable to hold the 700wx up to my ear for an extended conversation. You might try using the wired headset that came with the phone for longer conversations, just to test whether that helps it at all.