1.    #1  
    I love my Treo but also dig a few coworkers BB's. Anyone jump ship only to come back to the Treo?
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    got that new blackberry curve last saturday, theres no way im going back to a huge treo with crappy wm
    Do you miss the touchscreen though? And being able to browse the web without a scroll wheel?
    I have both. Love Treo...Hate BB.

BB 8830 (work-Verizon)
    Wheel is a PAIN
    Hard to navigate to future date without using both hands (alt + wheel)
    Horrible screen for net browsing.
    Lack of touchscreen so frustrating.
    Keyboard good, but have never found easy way to insert &.
    Battery life better than Treo, but I ONLY use it for email & phone.
    Phone is as good as Treo
    Can't customize as much.
    (most of my coworkers tell me ''It's ok....not thrilled withe the BB)
    Had it crasy & require re-boot 3 times 1st mth...had to remove battery...stable since....had it 6 mths.

Treo
    Everywhere I had a negative on BB is an area of excellence in treo.
    Mine is stable, works great.
    Spend a good 2 hrs a day surfing net (while waiting on flights or traffic or in an office etc) & love it
    Have a little lag sometimes, BUT didn't have that until I recently installed about 15 programs. BT works fine with an occassional loss of connection to my plantronics 645...& all I have to do is tap the button on the Headset to restore.

I do like the idea of the mini usb connector...& hear Palm will move to that soon.

I love using my external keyboard with treo. I hear there is one for BB, but also read lots of posts about it not working....so have not tried.

Either my co has it turned off...or I BB doesn't support beaming appts. Would love to be able to beam appts between devices instead of keying in on 2nd device.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I have both. I love both!

I have a Sprint Treo 700wx and a VZW Blackberry 8703e.

I use both of them frequently, and (for me) they both work great!

Please take the following statements as nothing more than my humble opinions. I'm sure other readers will disagree with me.

Nothing beats the Blackberry for text-intensive applications such as instant-messaging and email. The many excellent shortcuts built-into all QWERTY Blackberries are often overlooked and under-rated. However, the excellent keyboard and those shortcuts make text entry a breeze on the Blackberry. RIM's push email system is still "best in class."

For third-party applications, web-browsing, and graphics, Windows Mobile devices are far superior to the current crop of Blackberries.

And, for voice communications, nothing beats a (non-pda) cellphone. So, I seldom use either my Blackberry or Treo for voice. I carry a traditional (flip-style) cellphone.

I have tried and failed (several times) to migrate completely to a single wireless device. I finally gave up trying, and now carry around three of them. (No, they are not all hanging on my belt! )

Therefore, my advice would be for each person to decide which features are most important to him or her. Then, use the device that is best for those important applications. Or, carry around three separate gadgets like a few of us do.
    AL in Jacksonville Beach, Florida

My first Treo (the 180)
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the replies. I forgot about the touchscreen issue. The wheel is a pain. I played with a Q and caught myself touching the screen with my finger.

So there about the same with battery life?

How about reception?

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    So there about the same with battery life?

How about reception?
    In my experience Blackberries have much better battery life than Windows Mobile devices.

I would rate reception about the same on either device, and more a function of the network you're using.
    AL in Jacksonville Beach, Florida

My first Treo (the 180)
  8.    #8  
    I was playing with my friends BB. It was so huge and the screen in grainy. Which model is the good one on Sprint?

Quote Originally Posted by TNTreoUser View Post
    I have both. Love Treo...Hate BB.

BB 8830 (work-Verizon)
    Wheel is a PAIN
    Hard to navigate to future date without using both hands (alt + wheel)
    Horrible screen for net browsing.
    Lack of touchscreen so frustrating.
    Keyboard good, but have never found easy way to insert &.
    Battery life better than Treo, but I ONLY use it for email & phone.
    Phone is as good as Treo
    Can't customize as much.
    (most of my coworkers tell me ''It's ok....not thrilled withe the BB)
    Had it crasy & require re-boot 3 times 1st mth...had to remove battery...stable since....had it 6 mths.
    8830 doesn't have a wheel? It uses the trackball.
    Navigating to a future date in calendar is simple, just move the trackball to the right.
    You think web browsing on a 320x240 screen is "horrible", but, a 240x240 screen is great?

Both devices have their pros and cons. Honestly, the only way to find out if a certain device is for you is to buy one and use it.
    I just got rid of mye Curve to come back to the treo. Nothing wrong with curve at all, in fact i enjoyed it while i had it. My reasoning is this: No matter how hard i try to say to myself i jsut need relaible phone, email , great battery (which a blackberry will deliver and do it well) but i always want more. I foudn myself missing tomtom and other winmobile specifics. Another big factor is i can use $19.99 medimax on a treo vs $44.99 for Blackberry unlimited plan then another $10 a month ontop of my exchange seat for BES add-on. So cost and fun-factor wise, windows mobile is for me.
    Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 650 (Sprint) > PPC-6600 (Sprint) >Treo 650 (Sprint) > PPC-6700 (Sprint) > Treo 650 (sprint) > Treo 700w (Verizon) > Treo 700p (Sprint) > Motorola Q (Verizon) > Treo 700w (Verizon) > XV6700 (Verizon) > Treo 700p (Sprint) > Treo 700wx > Blackberry 8703e > Dash > HTC 3125 > Treo 700wx > Motorola Q > HTC Hermes 8525 > Blackberry 8800 > Blackberry Curve > Treo 750 > Ubiquio 503g > Iphone > Wing > TyTn II > Q9 Global > Tilt > Ubiquio 503g
    Oops...made a typo - I'm using a BB 8703e, and I really prefer the Treo 700P.