Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    somehow when my replacement Treo 700wx was synched at the store with my contacts, when I went back to synch it with my computer I now have 2 copies of each contact, one with the phone numbers in 8604525158 format the other in (860)452-5158 format.

Is there anyway I can fix this without doing a hard reset of my phone?

I would rather not do a hard reset since I loaded some apps on the phone and would rather not go through the process of reloading them and setting up all of the settings unless i really really need to

Thank you very much,

~J
    If you also have duplicate contacts on your PC at home, then just delete the duplicates, delete the partnership, then sync again.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    but how would the phone know when it sets up the partnership again to clear them out? do I have to change some sync options or something? The only partnership options on my computer that I can change is if there is a conflict replace on device; if i did that wouldn't it just put all of the contacts on my treo (double of each contact) right back into windows?

~J
    Yes, but it's easier to delete multiple items in Windows Outlook.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    sorry, you got me confused. If in windows outlook I delete the multiple contacts, if I go ahead and resync with my phone, how would it know to take the duplicates off the phone? If something is on the phone that is not in windows outlook, it just updates it and adds it, including appointments and contacts.

Wouldn't I be stuck with the same problem? So I'd have to remove them from outlook, do a hard reset to my phone and then resync it? I was just asking if there was a way to do it without doing a hard reset.

~J
    It will know. I had dupes before and I did the same thing I suggested.
    How do I sync the contact to my computer so when I do a hard reset, I can just sync the contact back to the phone? Do I need to set up outlook 1st before the contacts are saved to the computer when sync? I did a hard reset and all that was sycn back into my phone was the calendar, notes, fav. but not the contacts.
    You have to set up Outlook and you have to be sure you have ActiveSync set to sync contatcts.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    You have to set up Outlook and you have to be sure you have ActiveSync set to sync contatcts.
    Do I need to create an email account with Outlook? I never used outlook at home. Do you have insturctions on how to set up outlook to sync the contacts? It will be very helpful because each time I do a hard reset, I have to beam my contacts from my old 650 to my 700wx one by one.
    1. You can use Outlook without setting up an email account as a PIM.

2. If you go into ActiveSync on your phone and press 'Menu' then select 'Options' you'll see a screen full of checkable boxes. Find your PC and ensure that 'Contacts' is checked. Next time you sync with your PC all of your contacts should go over to Outlook on your PC and they will stay synced after that.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.