1.    #1  
    My 750 rings.

I pick it up and push the button with the little green phone on it. The screen says there is an active call but there is dead silence and me saying "Hello? Hello?"

Alternate story. I pick up the ringing 750 and push the left menu button right underneath where the screen says "Answer." Same picture: me saying "Hello, Hello?" and no sound coming out of the phone.

Variation. Sometimes when I push that little menu button underneath the screen word "Answer" while in the middle of this experience, I will toggle the phone to "Hold" then push again and it will take the call off "Hold" and there is my human.

All of these are unpredictable. Sometimes the 750 does this, sometimes it doesn't.

Has anyone else had this problem -- can't answer a phone call -- with a 750?

EDIT: let me clarify something. These are real people calling me, known to me, and in my contacts database. Like my wife, for instance. These are not phantom rings on the phone.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    i had the same issue but have no idea why it does that.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. At least I am not alone. I am going to watch carefully to see why and when it comes up. Otherwise I ship it off for warranty repair in the UK. 4 - 6 weeks. Yeow. That's enough time to give another phone a real workout.
    Do you have some kind off profile progamme on your treo?
    I did have the same problem and it whas phoneweaver nd phonesuite that gave the problem i uninstalled phonesuite and no problems till then
  5.    #5  
    No I don't have a profiles program running but I do wonder whether this is because I have freely larded up the 750 with additional software. I may disable/uninstall some things to see if maybe this is a lag problem. Voice Command goes off first.
    call being routed to your bt headset? Mine does this without my knowledge sometimes
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  7.    #7  
    I sense that BT headset use eiminates the problem. This is part of my quality control testing.

But people complain about sound quality on BT -- I use a Cardo Scala 500 and a Treo Wireless Headset.

I'm starting to whine. Must stop now.
    I got same problem. I have SPB phonesuite though and as someone said, I will try uninstalling it and see for few days how it goes. Will post back..
    Meanwhile, if someone else has tried something, please share.
  9.    #9  
    I solved the problem of the bad buttons.

Palm gave me a new unit.

Now I have a T-Mobile Dash and the unbranded/unlocked 750. Not sure which one I'll keep. I like the Dash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    I solved the problem of the bad buttons.

Palm gave me a new unit.

Now I have a T-Mobile Dash and the unbranded/unlocked 750. Not sure which one I'll keep. I like the Dash.
    How did they give you unbranded/unlocked unit??? I have a cingular branded locked unit and it has some problems too... can I exchange too.. please guide..