Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I have a treo 700wx but my boss is getting a Moto Q. If you tryed the Moto Q, what made you come back to the Treo?
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    I don't have a Q, but I have been doing some research on them because my wife is considering one. One issue is that if you are in an active EVDO session, a call will go to voicemail. One the 700wx, the data will be paused and the call will come through. There is a workaround to make the Q let the call come through, but you have to do it manually after each soft reset.

If my wife gets a Q, I will attempt to write a mortscript to automate that workaround on startup.

Another large shortcoming is the battery life is pretty poor unless you get the larger seidio extended battery. I would suggest you go over to phonescoop.com and select the 700wx and Q to do a side by side comparison and read the reviews on the Q.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    The first thing for me was lack of a touch screen, which made using some software impossible......i really needed gotomypc to work and it wouldn't because it has no smartphone support. For that matter, finding a remote pc application that actually worked was a problem.

Battery life was an issue, as it did not last thru a whole work day with minimal browsing, texting and phone usage without serious battery drain.

More forum support groups and hacks for the Treo so i went back to it after 1 week.
    -Feels awkward in my hand (too thin and wide)
    -Poor battery life
    -Very noticeable lag between any button push and action
    -Cannot edit or create MS Office docs
    -Non-tactile kaypad
    -Scroll wheel hard to use (IMHO)
    -Generally cheap build quality, especially when compared to a Treo (IMHO)

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    One the 700wx, the data will be paused and the call will come through. There is a workaround to make the Q let the call come through, but you have to do it manually after each soft reset.
    Just got to make a note that's relevant to the OP based on their signature: the data blocking calls issue only exists on the Sprint Model of the Q, on the VZW model, calls stop the data connection by default.

The rest of my quibbles:
    * Poor battery life. I just returned to the 700wx, somewhat reluctantly, and I'm soooo happy I don't have to worry about Battery any more. That said, I wasn't using an extended battery on the Q.

* The Q is slower. Meh, not that muych slower but once you go back to the 700wx you realize how snappy WM5 can be.

* No threaded SMS

* Typing is horrible. You can't type a sentence without skipping characters.

What I liked:
    * Lightweight, pockets real nice.
    * Screen is nice
    * Mini-USB for charging/sync is great.
    * Speakers are great, Volume is loud for calls with/without speaker phone. Very good quality, can't stress this enough.. using the speakerphone now on the Treo is lousy in comparison, especially when a bit of noise is introduced.

I liked the Q a lot.. but I'm looking forward to the Treo 800w. Without the antenna and a bit slimmer (please!) and the higher resolution, that may be a decent compromise (for me) of features and aesthetics.
    Just to add: the bluetooth on the Q kicks the Treo's a$$ in that department. And you can now edit/view office doc's on the Q. I still prefer the pocket PC over the smartphone/standard OS though.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    So basicly it will work ok for him since he is moving from a blackberry to the Q. I myself am not leaving my Treo 700wx. Not unless they come out with the 750 for Verizon.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    My girlfriend has the black Q from VZW, it's nice and a tad bit easier to use (I'm no novice) but it's for someone who doesn't want to do more steps to do something. But my main gripe is the lack of touch screen, I need it for my iGuidance GPS software. Lastly, the Q is a little slower going between menus.
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
    i use both the 700wx and the q (both verizon) my main issue with the Q is that the keyboard skips letters. very annoying
    The keyboard is awful. I would type for a while and then go back to proof read and see that it dropped 10% of the letters. That never happens on the treo and I use the keyboard alot. The lack of spell check was also unbearable. Also, the today screen allowed almost zero customizing. There was nothing close to Mobile Shell or Pocket Plus. No good weather program.
    Q=Phone+PDA
    TREO=PDA+Phone.

My black verizon q is activated but hasnt had the battery charged in over 2 months because it is more like a toy. The treo is a tool.
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    I have both, and the Q is on my main line right now.

Q+

Bluetooth
    Screen
    Keyboard (it self)
    Games (PocketNester rules)
    Call Quality

700wx +

Memory
    Stability
    Speed
    Battery Life
    Fits Better In Hand
    Apps.
    Today Screen

I like both device a lot. It really just depends on your needs. But if you get a Q you will need a extended battery.