1.    #1  
    How do you know who you're roaming on?

Sprint's service in our Walmart is horrible and I put my phone on Roam Only and I had full service, so I wanted to know who I was roaming on.

I can go to the ##DEBUG# screen and see the SID is 4112, but I'm not sure if that's what I look at or something else.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    SID 4112 is Verizon Wireless.

Sometimes, the easiest way to tell what carrier you're connected to is to just dial 611 and see who answers.
    AL in Jacksonville Beach, Florida

My first Treo (the 180)
  3.    #3  
    That's a good idea, thanks AL904.

Otherwise, how did you find out SID 4112 is Verizon?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
    That's a good idea, thanks AL904.

Otherwise, how did you find out SID 4112 is Verizon?
    I have a database file of SIDs in an Illium Listpro file on my Treo. I obtained most of those SIDs from Bill Radio's excellent MountainWireless website.

My first Treo (the 180)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by AL904 View Post
    I have a database file of SIDs in an Illium Listpro file on my Treo. I obtained most of those SIDs from Bill Radio's excellent MountainWireless website.
    Thanks AL904!

Got another question. Around my area, my SID always seems to stay the same, no matter where I'm at. I know there's more towers than 1. Like right now I'm over 20 miles away from home and I know there's a tower really close, but my SID still shows 4384 (which is what it shows at home).

Is SID #s specific to towers, or is it more like a location number for the area?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
    Is SID #s specific to towers, or is it more like a location number for the area?
    SIDs cover large geographic areas that can have hundreds of antennas.

My first Treo (the 180)