1.    #1  
    I know most of the attention is currently fixed on the 700p MR, but wasn't there conversations which stated that the 700w/wx would get an MR update, which would fix a couple of things? I remember one of the issues, was that the threaded SMS app would be integrated with the phone (instead of the current, but fabulous hack).

Or are we just doomed and should i chuck the phone for the multitude of wm6 and palm devices that are coming out in the upcoming months?
    Last edited by Darthkim; 06/12/2007 at 07:49 PM.
    Yes, I'd like to know the answer to this one also.
    Excuse my ignorance but what does MR mean?
    What would the MR update fix on the wx???
    MR, I believe, stands for Maintenance Release. Since the 700wx runs so well overall comapred to its siblings Palm has no tgiven it as much attention IMO.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  6.    #6  
    Yea, the 700wx seems to be doing fine. Unfortunately for all the early adopters (like us) who are stuck with the 700w, i'd wish they fix a couple things.

Overall, i'm pretty happy with my 700w. would like to have the occasional lag fixed, but i run pretty well with Goodlink, googlemaps, and other apps running.
  7.    #7  
    Yea, the 700wx seems to be doing fine. Unfortunately for all the early adopters (like us) who are stuck with the 700w, i'd wish they fix a couple things.

Overall, i'm pretty happy with my 700w. would like to have the occasional lag fixed, but i run pretty well with Goodlink, googlemaps, and other apps running.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Palm told me that they are working on a fix for the bluetooth issues on the 700wx so I would assume they will fix some other things as well. Don't hold your breath though - it'll probably be a while.
    I have been having a lot of troubles with my data connection. I have called the data support help line so much that the manager of the data support called me back. He said that Verizon has a update from Palm already to fix a bunch of issues. He then went on to say that they should be releasing the update by the end of June, if there were no problems with the update in testing.

Hopefully this is true. He wasn't sure what all problems were being fixed but they do know that they are having a lot of trouble with the WX's. He told me to keep checking for an update at this website under the 700WX model.

http://dts.vzw.com/

-Joey
    are they going to upgrade it to WM6?
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    are they going to upgrade it to WM6?
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that one!
    matty032,

Yes, the upgrade will be called the 800w

Seriously though, its very unlikely that Palm will upgrade it to WM6. Its possible that someone might cook a 750 WM6 ROM (or some other phone) to make it compatible with the 700wx hardware.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by joey304 View Post
    I have been having a lot of troubles with my data connection. I have called the data support help line so much that the manager of the data support called me back. He said that Verizon has a update from Palm already to fix a bunch of issues. He then went on to say that they should be releasing the update by the end of June, if there were no problems with the update in testing.

Hopefully this is true. He wasn't sure what all problems were being fixed but they do know that they are having a lot of trouble with the WX's. He told me to keep checking for an update at this website under the 700WX model.

http://dts.vzw.com/

-Joey
    Hey Joey, thanks for this info. I hope it comes true. I think it might.

Also, this sorta jives with the info on this link: http://www.vzam.net/

According to that link, the wx will have a modem driver (and VZAccess software for Vista) by mid June. I'm not interested in the VZAccess software but would like to see the modem driver (although I've already downloaded one that works from another source).

Anyway, I've watched the "due" date on this go from early April to Mid June in two steps. We'll see if they hold to mid-June. It's the 13th already

-Frank
    Last edited by Frankxs; 06/13/2007 at 12:20 PM.
    I'm confident the 700wx will get a MR.

Put it this way, I'm not aware of any Sprint PDA device that hasn't received one. In fact, you'd think it'd be set up when they order the model: phone + 1 MR (Sprint doesn't seem to want to do more than one, so they sort of put all their eggs in one basket).

Seeing as the 700p still got one even after being replaced by the 755p and EOL'd, I would like to think the 700wx is still quite eligible.

As far as WM6: really hard to say. Probably not, but until we get a MR I'll leave the door open. I think Palm would concentrate on the 750/WM6 update first as they have more of those units/commitments worldwide than the 700wx. That process should be wrapping up on their end as well as the 700p (fiasco) which may let them devote time to the 700wx.

FWIW, someone who told me months ago that the 6800 would get WM6 and GPS (enabled via update like RevA), with the latter info appearing likely now, told me the 700wx will get WM6 but not till Q4 (read July - end Sept). They also told me the Q was not getting WM6 at all (also evidently accurate). At first I dismissed most of it, but in hindsight a lot of it has come true. I dunno.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  15.    #15  
    And before it gets asked.

700w - No way. The limited 32mb of RAM pretty much assures us that the best it can be is to have a possible MR fix. WM6 would be too much for that device.

i wonder what the sales numbers are of the 700w to the 700wx?