1.    #1  
    hey guys

i searched for this to no avail. this sounds pretty retarded but i had my phone today in my car while i was driving and a message popped up saying "warning battery to cold" it went away on its own before i could read the rest of the warning. its the first i have ever seen of this warning. any ideas?

BTW the phone was not cold or the battery lol. i did take it out and it was i normal temp.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Funny - I got the same message today for the first time when trying to charge my phone. My battery was down to about 30% so I really needed to charge it when the pop-up appeared. I unplugged, waited, and after a minute it charged fine.
    I get that message several times a week. And a few seconds later it seems to go away and start charging anyway. But I know the battery isn't at all cold, if anything it's warm.
    I just ignore it. I assume the temp sensor isn't always happy or there's some sofware bug that makes this pop up when it can't read the temp.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I seem to only get the error when I am charging it while I'm using the phone. I don't think this phone was intended to be charged while in use. I have also had the phone get SUPER HOT while charging it while I use it. What I do to prevent that is unplug the phone from the charger when I make phone calls.
    i get that message all the time, my car phone stand is in front of A/C vent.
    I received my New Treo 750 a couple of days ago and attempted to let it charge during the day so that I could configure it and personalize that afternoon. After letting it charge for 4-5 hours, I went to configure it and the battery was at 0% and the device shut down within 30 seconds. I then assumed that I hadn't plugged the charger in all the way so I went to recharge it again and got that "Battery too cold..." message. But I let it charge anyway and noticed the recharging light was not lit on the Treo. Not knowing whether it was a bad battery or device, I took the battery out of the Treo and let it charge overnight in the battery charger on the cradle.

When I got up the next morning the battery recharge light on the cradle was green, so I put the battery back in the device but it only showed 50% recharged. So I tried charging it in the device again..but got the same message.

I finally took the device into an AT&T store and we switched batteries but still got that message, then to be sure we put that original battery in another Treo and it started charging. So it ended up being a bad device and my new one should arrive TODAY.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by calancaster View Post
    I received my New Treo 750 a couple of days ago and attempted to let it charge during the day so that I could configure it and personalize that afternoon. After letting it charge for 4-5 hours, I went to configure it and the battery was at 0% and the device shut down within 30 seconds. I then assumed that I hadn't plugged the charger in all the way so I went to recharge it again and got that "Battery too cold..." message. But I let it charge anyway and noticed the recharging light was not lit on the Treo. Not knowing whether it was a bad battery or device, I took the battery out of the Treo and let it charge overnight in the battery charger on the cradle.

When I got up the next morning the battery recharge light on the cradle was green, so I put the battery back in the device but it only showed 50% recharged. So I tried charging it in the device again..but got the same message.

I finally took the device into an AT&T store and we switched batteries but still got that message, then to be sure we put that original battery in another Treo and it started charging. So it ended up being a bad device and my new one should arrive TODAY.
    Just curious, but had you tried a hard reset prior to taking it back to ATT? If so, was there any change in the way it behaved?