1.    #1  
    Does anyone else have an issue when you search for a contact (from the phone window, where you start typing a name); that you get multiple matches, of the same name when there is only supposed to be one entry returned?
    I.E. the second entry has the correct name, but when you open it its a completely different contact.
    Quote Originally Posted by nkhosla View Post
    Does anyone else have an issue when you search for a contact (from the phone window, where you start typing a name); that you get multiple matches, of the same name when there is only supposed to be one entry returned?
    I.E. the second entry has the correct name, but when you open it its a completely different contact.
    Haven't seen anything like that. How 'bout some history? How'd you get the contacts into the phone? Is the info from another valid contact? Have you loaded any 3rd party contact management software?

I have noticed that when you dial out or receive an incoming call from a number that is in your contacts more than once, it will display whatever contact name it happens to find first. For instance, if you have two people with the same work number listed as two separate contacts. When you place the call, or receive a call, since the number is the same, you never know which name will appear on the call-log and screen. Drives me nutz.

-Frank
    I've had this happen. I've had to go into the entry that was incorrectly pulled up, modify and save it again. It won't come up incorrectly again.

It is clearly a DB corruption problem. You could probably resolve it by exporting all of your contacts, delete, and then importing them. I've just never taken the time to do that since modifying offending record resolves it for that record.