Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Results 121 to 133 of 133
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    bubbatex,
    i dont have the links right now, but if you go over to mymobile911.com or mobileplanet.com, you can check out the kasier. the kaiser has really grown up through the stages. if att does not cripple some of the features, the kaiser will be the device to get for the next two years.
    Thunder - I am giving this some more thought - I am not sure I really like that tilted screen. Think about it - seems you would have to somewhat "contort" the unit to see the screen. You are certainly not going to set it on the desk top - or in your lap. And I can't see holding this device in such a manner that the keyboard is perpendicular to the ground and thus the screen would be at the correct viewing angle.

    Anyway - do you HAVE to have the screen tilt?
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Anyway - do you HAVE to have the screen tilt?
    Nope. I'm 98% sure that you can just slide it out. The tilting is optional. It was mentioned in a review somewhere.

    It's neat if you're at work to leave it on the desk tilted. You can see all your notifications coming in and read them without grabbing the device.

    I think the Kaiser is really a great device. The camera is fantastic and the specs are all there (could use a higher rez screen though). As I've said dozens of times...too bad this isn't the Sprint Mogul.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3. #123  
    Wow, the Kaiser looks great. It's what the Mogul should have been- better camera, more memory. and GPS!
    Yes, it's a slider with optional tilt.

    Wow. ATT seems to have all the fun these days...
  4. #124  
    I think the tilt is completely useless. It's just a lame gimmick to give press and fan boys something to drool over. At least so I think living in "you don't know what you're missing until you've had it" land.
    In any case, it is optional. Appearently it slides out and then there's a small click to unlock it and tilt it up.
    I'm so conflicted. I'm so wanting the Kaiser but I totally like the kaiser.
    Last edited by taylorh; 08/01/2007 at 05:37 PM.
  5. #125  
    tilting screen? yet another example of palm being completely clueless as to either what's need or what's wanted.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    tilting screen? yet another example of palm being completely clueless as to either what's need or what's wanted.
    You understand the tilting screen is for the HTC Kaiser, not the Palm 800, correct?

    I'm not sure how a tilting screen on a Treo would work

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  7. #127  
    Correct, sorry for the confusion. The HTC Kaiser has the tilting screen. The keyboard slides out, then you can click-tilt the screen up so it looks kind of like a mini laptop. While blogs and whatnot mention it as a neat feature, I'm like "what a waste of time."

    No, I think Palm has got practicality and usability down. The Treo is way more practical than an HTC slider. The Treos are just behind in hardware features (processor, memory, camera, bluetooth, wifi, gps, etc.,) that's all.
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    No, I think Palm has got practicality and usability down. The Treo is way more practical than an HTC slider. The Treos are just behind in hardware features (processor, memory, camera, bluetooth, wifi, gps, etc.,) that's all.
    I couldn't agree more. I had a mogul but I returned it the other day mainly due to issues with ram & I missed the simplicity of my treo. Gosh palm needs to hurry with this 800w lol. Wifi please???? lol
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    No, I think Palm has got practicality and usability down. The Treo is way more practical than an HTC slider. The Treos are just behind in hardware features (processor, memory, camera, bluetooth, wifi, gps, etc.,) that's all.
    Dont forget screen.. I swear Palm could do some damage if they released the 800w with a 480x480 screen
  10. #130  
    Even with a 320x320, this Treo will make a lot of people very happy.

    I'm sure someone will hack the system to allow for a 240x320 view with extras on the side or bottom.

    And let's not forget StyleTap, which will allow for Palm OS apps to run in full hi-res glory on that screen.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    You understand the tilting screen is for the HTC Kaiser, not the Palm 800, correct?

    I'm not sure how a tilting screen on a Treo would work
    nope. I missed that. sorry.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Nope. I'm 98% sure that you can just slide it out. The tilting is optional. It was mentioned in a review somewhere.

    It's neat if you're at work to leave it on the desk tilted. You can see all your notifications coming in and read them without grabbing the device.

    I think the Kaiser is really a great device. The camera is fantastic and the specs are all there (could use a higher rez screen though). As I've said dozens of times...too bad this isn't the Sprint Mogul.
    you can either slide the keyboard from under the unit, or have the screen tilted. the benefit of having the screen tilted is if you are streaming music or tv, you can have it sitting on your desk instead of leaning against something.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    you can either slide the keyboard from under the unit, or have the screen tilted. the benefit of having the screen tilted is if you are streaming music or tv, you can have it sitting on your desk instead of leaning against something.
    Yup, I remember having a cool 3rd party charger for my 6700 that was...wait for it...tilted. lol You could have the keyboard out and it charged.

    The tilt was more like a 25 degree tilt whereas the Kaiser seems more 45 degree, hence better. So I could see the benefit of it. Gimmicky? Yeah, but a nice option that can have its value.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Posting Permissions