Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 133
  1. #101  
    In Ed's last conference call he specifically said they are not waiting for a new the next generation of PalmOS before they release more devices, so there will be at least one more generation of Garnet devices this year.

    Surur
  2. #102  
    Which I'm guessing would be the low end/Gandolf POS phone (Q4 2007) with the linux/POS II 800p being pushed into 2008.
  3. Stig's Avatar
    Posts
    329 Posts
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    #103  
    They could launch a new hardware format in Q4 with WM6 and Garnet, and a version with the new OS next year.

    However, as we've seen leaked pictures of Gandalf but not anything else (including FCC leaks) I don't expect we will be seeing the 'high end' device soon.
  4. #104  
    All of this lack of new information, even a rumor - other then some fuzzy photo from anther thread is getting boring.
    I wish something would come out soon so we can have a choice other then the 6800 for Sprint.
  5. #105  
    I agree, I dont understand the clowns running Palm. If new companies are coming out with new phone, would you not want to do even a press release with approx. dates so your customers can be loyal and wait or have a choice. MAKES NO SENSE
  6. #106  
    What I am really worried about is that Palm currently has NO PLANS for the near future- that's why there are no rumors or leaks
  7. #107  
    What little I heard from the folks at Palm during the Foleo Sneak Peek event tells me that there is clearly something nice coming down the pipe. As for leaks, it makes a lot of sense to not pre-announce a product too soon. They have existing products on the market and every next generation is supposed to be better than the one before it. So if the next unit is not yet ready, why destroy sales of existing products by saying the next big thing is coming? Yes, it's what I want to hear too. But for all the non-geeks that are interested in Treo's, they'll hold off on purchasing and that doesn't help Palm and that doesn't help us.

    Heck, I need as many clueless people as possible buying yesterday's technology today so that I can have next week's technology tomorrow!!!
  8. #108  
    Agreed SteveNYC...

    The problem is the PALM has a real public relations problem. From these forums I gather PALM is releasing what we don't want >> FOLEO. And not want we do want >> TREO with Wifi, BT2.0, etc..

    Although, no one was expecting the FOLEO so who's to say a "better" TREO may not be on its way.
    Thx
    GhengisEEK

    I wanted to be somebody when I grew up, I should have been more specific."
  9. #109  
    What one person might call "something nice" may be just average or even disappointing to another.

    I have to see it to believe it nowadays.

    Currently, I am more intriqued with what other companies are producing versus anything palm has put out in the past 3 years.

    The treo 800w for windows ignoble is most likely going to be another incremental upgrade for windows treos - just a 320 x 320 res screen, 128 -256 mb ram, and some little form factor adjustment. That's about it.

    I think if you want innovation, you have to look in other pastures. Palm's period of ingenuity has passed.

    The product is mature. Its form factor will not change much, and neither will the company's philosophy.
  10. #110  
    "I think if you want innovation, you have to look in other pastures. Palm's period of ingenuity has passed."



    Yep, look East young man, look to the Faaaar East.... (uh, unless you live in Cali, then just look West)
  11. #111  
    That's funny, bubbatex, I was just thinking that very thing.

    It seems to be the case anymore, though. If its innovation you're looking for, head east young man, head east .......... far east.




    not the middle east though, unless ya wanna go backwards in all things.
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    "I think if you want innovation, you have to look in other pastures. Palm's period of ingenuity has passed."



    Yep, look East young man, look to the Faaaar East.... (uh, unless you live in Cali, then just look West)
    cough...cough..HTC
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  13. #113  
    HTC - yep, that was what I was implying....

    I think phones are going the way of the PC - hardware designer/mfg'er just picks WM and goes. Palm will fall futher behind because they try to design both (even if they don't actually mfg'er them). It is unfortunate, but a reality. Apple can pull this off and make nice money, but Palm just is not going to do it - they don't have an "elegant" anything.....not bashing, they just don't have the "style" or fashion sense that Apple does.
    Last edited by bubbatex; 07/25/2007 at 10:25 PM.
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Any change in design, thinner? how bout the Linux 800p?
    , are you kidding. Take a look at the 755. I can almost guarantee, it will look just like that. Linux, don't count on it till next year, maybe. Same old, same old, Palm will never learn.
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    HTC - yep, that was what I was implying....

    I think phones are going the way of the PC - hardware designer/mfg'er just picks WM and goes. Palm will fall futher behind because they try to design both (even if they don't actually mfg'er them). It is unfortunate, but a reality. Apple can pull this off and make nice money, but Palm just is not going to do it - they don't have an "elegant" anything.....not bashing, they just don't have the "style" or fashion sense that Apple does.
    palm got away with lackluster design for a while but once the fanfare disappeared on the design we were left with an old POS. i still adore the design of the 650, but the OS killed it for me. when i left palm for the dark side, i was amazed to see what i had been missing. what ever people say about windows mobile, it kicks ***. it is even better in version 6.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    palm got away with lackluster design for a while but once the fanfare disappeared on the design we were left with an old POS. i still adore the design of the 650, but the OS killed it for me. when i left palm for the dark side, i was amazed to see what i had been missing. what ever people say about windows mobile, it kicks ***. it is even better in version 6.
    AGREE! One more - go to Sprint and look at the price of the 700wx and the 755p. Which one is newer and which one is cheaper? That says it all, IMHO.

    BTW - would love a Kaiser (at least on paper), but I am so locked in at Sprint I am not going anywhere anytime soon!
    Last edited by bubbatex; 07/26/2007 at 09:43 AM.
  17. #117  
    Is it realistic to expect that Palm will introduce a Treo 680 successor late this year? I'm debating whether to jump in now or wait, especially if it's a just a matter of a few months before an updated model is released.

    How far ahead do the rumours or leaks often start?

    Last year the Treo 680 was announced at Digital Life in early October. Apparently it's scheduled for late September this year.

    Any thoughts?
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtangi View Post
    Is it realistic to expect that Palm will introduce a Treo 680 successor late this year? I'm debating whether to jump in now or wait, especially if it's a just a matter of a few months before an updated model is released.

    How far ahead do the rumours or leaks often start?

    Last year the Treo 680 was announced at Digital Life in early October. Apparently it's scheduled for late September this year.

    Any thoughts?
    IMHO, given their history for releases, if they are truely working on an 800w that will be out this fall, I doubt a 680 upgrade would hit the market this calendar year.
  19. #119  
    You can get the 680 for $100 now on AT&T with rebate.
    I agree that I think it's very unlikely you'll see a successor to the 680 this year. And since the new linux OS is delayed, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't until about a year from now that you see something.
    There's not much point in doing an upgrade unless you have 3G, and they need the new OS to do 3G. So I think now is a great time to pull the trigger since the price is down and I believe there won't be a new one for a while.

    This is really old news, but so far it has remained pretty accurate regarding upcoming data devices to AT&T:
    -The 8525 refresh scheduled to launch in the August/September timeframe - HTC Kaiser
    -The Treo 750 refresh scheduled to launch in the October/November timeframe
    -The iPAQ refresh (3G) is scheduled to launch in the November/December timeframe
    -The Samsung BlackJack refresh is scheduled to launch in the September/October timeframe
    -The SMT5700 Windows Mobile Smartphone is tentatively scheduled to launch June/July/Aug
    -The Motorola Q9 is tentatively scheduled to launch in July/August
    -The follow on to the Palm Treo 680 isn’t confirmed
    -The Nokia E62 doesn’t have a follow on product scheduled at this time.
    -The 3125 won’t have a follow up product.
    -The slider Windows Mobile Smartphone is tentatively scheduled to launch in June/July timeframe. This WILL NOT be the S710, it is looking to be the S730.
    Source: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...readid=1149845
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    AGREE! One more - go to Sprint and look at the price of the 700wx and the 755p. Which one is newer and which one is cheaper? That says it all, IMHO.

    BTW - would love a Kaiser (at least on paper), but I am so locked in at Sprint I am not going anywhere anytime soon!
    bubbatex,
    i dont have the links right now, but if you go over to mymobile911.com or mobileplanet.com, you can check out the kasier. the kaiser has really grown up through the stages. if att does not cripple some of the features, the kaiser will be the device to get for the next two years.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions