Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Unfortunately, that was what I thought when reading the whole thing through...
    That is definitely the 6800. The store launch date, the 512mb microSD (that's what mine came with, 2mp camera, etc are all dead on for the 6800.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I can see where they are talking about the 6800, but what is odd is the fact they are saying the release date is Sunday July 15, even though the 6800 has already been released. Unless the phone was only released on the net atm. Hmmm.
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    The statement is, "This phone will be available at the stores on July 15, 2007."

I believe this indeed confirms the 6800 - since that is when the device is expected to be in stores. Presently, it is available through phone / online ordering only.
    Before I get flamed- sorry for posting it. I just go too excited and didn't read carefully enough.
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Scoob - No one here is flaming you here. I'm glad that you posted.

Please continue to do so. That's how we learn and can stay in tune with things.
    Agreed. Besides, it's more interesting than iPhone info right now. ;-)
    I just hope this supposed 800w has vast improvements in call quality. I've been through 4 700w's and they've all been terrible...especially while using BT. This thing had better be slimmer too, or I won't even look at it. They can have the Wi-fi and GPS...just make the damn phone better!!
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC View Post
    Agreed. Besides, it's more interesting than iPhone info right now. ;-)
    This thread has gone very quiet since the iPhone release...
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    the treo definitely needs a larger screen-not just increased pixel density-for me to keep looking at it. With the advent of much larger storage options, such a small screen is sort of a handicap. It also sucks for surfing the web.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    There's just not much to say.
    I check this site and the one at Sprintusers and no new rumors have come out.

I wish Palm would throw us a bone.
    Dont get too excited...it has nothing to do with the precious iphone.
    If no info, nothing more to speculate on...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    The 800w isn't very interesting. For one thing it's pretty ugly if the leaked pictures are correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    The 800w isn't very interesting. For one thing it's pretty ugly if the leaked pictures are correct.
    Those leaked pictures are probably not the 800-series but their low-end smartphone line e.g. they are not replacing WM5 Professional with WM6 Standard.

Smartphone/Thin/Low end line = Gandolf
    PPC/High end line = Vincent

We haven't seen the 800-series yet.

Edit: I do have confirmation those "leaked" pictures are real, btw. They were not leaked on purpose.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 07/05/2007 at 06:11 PM.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up! Appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Those leaked pictures are probably not the 800-series but their low-end smartphone line e.g. they are not replacing WM5 Professional with WM6 Standard.

Smartphone/Thin/Low end line = Gandolf
    PPC/High end line = Vincent

We haven't seen the 800-series yet.

Edit: I do have confirmation those "leaked" pictures are real, btw. They were not leaked on purpose.
    so will the low end devices support palm os and the high end devices use wm 6?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    so will the low end devices support palm os and the high end devices use wm 6?
    It looks to be both: low end PalmOS and WM Smartphone edition; high end PalmOS and WM Professional edition: so 4 total devices. Carriers will also play a roll.

But it's still unclear now, especially about the PalmOS versions. I'm confident though we'll see a low-end WM smartphone and a 700wx replacement for high-end.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    It looks to be both: low end PalmOS and WM Smartphone edition; high end PalmOS and WM Professional edition: so 4 total devices. Carriers will also play a roll.

But it's still unclear now, especially about the PalmOS versions. I'm confident though we'll see a low-end WM smartphone and a 700wx replacement for high-end.

if these devices make it to the market soon we will see older versions of the palm os then because new versions of that os are still a year away. hopefully the new treos will be sporting windows 6 then!
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    According to the Brighthand article, we won't see any Palm OS II (Linux) Treo devices until sometime in 2008, so that means that either:
    1) the Treo 800 will have WM6 and also maybe Garnet
    2) the Treo 800 won't appear until 2008
    3) Brighthand has got it wrong!

The only innovative aspect for the Treo 800 would be a new hardware design. If it's thinner with WiFi that would be good enough for me.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast